Do you think Labyrinth 2 should be made?

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Or here's another thought. Maybe they should try sequels for bad movies.

For example, the first season of Star Trek TNG was terrible IMNSHO, but as the characters developed, the show got better, and it really rocked after a while.

Well, I think. I only became a fan after syndication. No one could ever accuse me of catching on quick. That's a big 10-4.

Markus

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Hey now, watch it, "Crouton"---even if I do love your name---I happen to love "The Neverending Story". :mad:

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Sorry Byron. You're my friend and everything but gee-monee... :rolleyes: Granted, it's been years and years since I've seen it, and I'm trying to recall (what I spent that time trying to block out) how that movie worked.

I liked the flying dog, though he never looked real at all, even at the time. But I remember distinctly saying, "It feels like they've tried to use every universal theme in the book to get us all teary- eyed." And somehow it felt forced.

Now here's a movie that spoke to me that apparently didn't speak to many other people. "Hook," with Dustin Hoffman and Robin Williams. So if you want to take pot shots at one of my flicks for firing at yours, feel free. In fact, I didn't like how they turned the Lost Boys into a street gang, but that's it's biggest problem.

Markus

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Actually I'd have to go aganst the grain here and say YES. Not necessarily that it should be done, but I think a good sequel to Labyrinth is possible. There were so many characters there to explore that the action doesn't have to be about a Goblin King or Sarah at all! I say make a Goblin Queen this time (Cyndi Lauper would be my choice - I love her and she's not too expensive) and have a male lead - or a group of kids in this one (i.e. Goonies) or just leave them out entirely and have the conflict occur around the characters in the Labyrinth. There was so much that wasn't explored in the original film.
Jamie, that is one of the best ideas I've heard in a long time. Cyndi (who is a great and funny actress) would be perfect. A truly inspired casting choice!

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Originally posted by CaptCrouton
Sorry Byron. You're my friend and everything but ...
Okay, fine...

*scratches "Captain Crouton"'s name off his "Friend" list*

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Janice & Mokey's Man

Okay, fine...

*scratches "Captain Crouton"'s name off his "Friend" list*
That's got to be one mighty short list now.:big_grin:

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
Arrrrrrrrgh!! Another insult! :mad:

I'll have you know that "friends" only disappear on here if they have deeply offended me...or warranted a boycott (but Jackie's still on it cause she's repented greatly). :smile:

statler&waldorf

Reaction score
NO!!!!
A sequel would be aweful. Sure, it's possible for it to be good. But I highly doubt it would be. I kind of liked the second neverending story, but it had deteriorated form the first so much, I was afraid to watch the third (and I haven't seen it yet). Toy story 2 is one of my favorite movies ever. I think rescuers dow under was the best disney animated sequel, and the alladins were pretty good too, but other than that, they were nothing special. I could go on like this for hours, but I think I've made my point.

But I do want the figures (I mentioned that on the merchanise board).

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Very well, Citizen JAMM,

Scratch my name off your list of friends, if you will. But remember that having a super hero as a buddy, is a privilege few share. :embarrassed:

So if you fall three stories and break your legs, don't come.. er.. running to me. :rolleyes:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Nate-

Glad you agree. I see Cyndi as someone with enough personality to carry off the role and (like Bowie) she writes her own music. I really don't see this even as a sequel, prequel or anything of that sort because the original Labyrinth's endind was sufficient enough. But telling another story in the same setting could be a good idea and it's already familiar with some auds. I even think that the story doesn't have to be about the "Goblin Quieen" being evil. It's possible that the confilct could be elsewhere as in the Neverending Story or other such films. Hey - a Bowie/Lauper showdown would totally kick some major butt with me! :smile: