Disney really getting ready to use the Muppets to help teach kids about...

Luke

Reaction score
Actually yeah point noted about Pooh and Co. I was never into them so i never really realised how they were.

Daniel - Regarding Pepe, i don't think things have gone down because of him. He's pretty much the only new character thats done well and probably because he is cool and hip. It is just personal preference with him!

RKUNKLER

Reaction score
Personally i dont see a problem with any of the characters. i like them all. Disney should try to capture the migic style that was in The muppet Show and the movies. They will but not now. For now they are releasing The Muppet Show season boxed sets so the Muppets are not known fot things noone remembers or cant see and to give people a chance to see it . That includes fans and people who were never around durring the time of The Muppet Show. After that Disney will put out The new Muppet Show or at least with that magic.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was just thinking last night... If there is going to be a production where the Muppets teach computer technology, maybe Kermit could teach Robin about computers. Robin could want to learn about computers, and Kermit could teach him, and then the other Muppets could teach other computer-related stuff: Miss Piggy could talk about ebay or other online shopping stores, Sam the Eagle could give a speech about the dangers of downloading songs (and then the Electric Mayhem can surprise Sam by agreeing with him), Bunsne and Beaker can give some of the more technical details, and so on.

janicegroupie

Reaction score
I think I will always worry a little bit about any project Disney is doing with the Muppets. Yes I do accept the fact that they own them now and I do think Disney can be capable of making quality entertainment but recently they just seem to do projects that will get them the most money while putting in the least amount of work, hence all those straight to dvd sequels of movies that came out many years ago. They also seem so focused on that preteen crowd, which is probably why they had Ashanti as the focus of MWoO, that nothing seems to be whole family quality entertainment. I would really love to see the Muppets in new things but I also don't want them ruined by those new thing where people forget the magic they used to have. I just hope Disney's focus is in the right place with whatever their new project may be.

muppet baby

Reaction score
The one thing that I worry about the most when it comes to The Muppets and Disney is that Winnie the Pooh was once an intellectual, clever, aimed-at-adults as well as children property with good jokes, clever wit, and heart-felt stories...and now it's, well, Disney's Winnie The Pooh. I don't want to see that happen with our fuzzy, furry friends.

On the other hand, as Luke said, the Muppets have always made computer games etc.
Beauregard , that is really the one thing that i have worried about also that they would loose there " spark " with the way that they use to be , i love pepe I think that he is really cool though .

i really don't think yet that disney would take a way the wit and houmor that they have always had though at times they might change a few things here and there that is what happened though with Muppets Wizard of 0z i hate to say .:confused: :stick_out_tongue:

spcglider

Reaction score
Disney is just proving AGAIN that they DON'T GET THE MUPPETS as a property.

How freaking hard can it be?

-G

SSLFan

Reaction score
I really hate Disney for this.:attitude: Their messing up two good men's legacy's- Jim Henson AND Walt Disney!:mad:

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Not to sound rude, but... this has not been confirmed at all, to say the least, it's been for the most part denied by some high-up at the company. That, and no offense to Jim Hill, but he really hasn't been right about any Muppet news he's reported, so there's really nothing to get all upset about. Sorry, just kinda tired of all the negativity about something that probably won't even happen. :smirk:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
thank you pwan i was trying to say the same thing.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
ok i wanted to see what i could find out if this is true or just another one of Jim Hills fat lies so i asked somone who i trust on the inside. Jim Lewis so i hope to have an answer for you all soon.