Disney really getting ready to use the Muppets to help teach kids about...

MrsPepper

Reaction score
if there is any truth to this, its just more proof that Disney was the wrong home for the muppets
Yeah, that was my reaction too.

Everything about this just seems totally wrong to me. The only part that sounded even remotely okay was the part about working with the High School Musical cast - and that's because all those actors and actresses are about 17-20 years old and their audience is teenagers. I know most people thought this was horrible, and while it may not be the best idea to turn the Muppets into Disney Channel icons right away, at least that audience wouldn't be babies and toddlers.

But still, just not good at all.

Frogster

Reaction score
I'm tired of the Muppets of today, and I'm tired of this site. The only news I seem to hear on here is bad news. The only stuff I've enjoyed is stuff that happened before 1990; ever since then the Muppets have become completely pathetic, and I can honestly say I'm embarrassed of them. I loved what the Muppets were but I cannot stand what they are now. I've been waiting for something big to happen with them, and they've only gotten worse. Bye everyone. Sign me outta this site, Phil... I'm done.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do agree with some of that. And of course you can do whatever you want. :smile:

But I'll stick around. If I don't, I won't even have a place to discuss the things I do enjoy about The Muppets. You can't let the worrisome parts get in the way of enjoying the good stuff. :smile:

tomahawk

Reaction score
I'm tired of the Muppets of today, and I'm tired of this site. The only news I seem to hear on here is bad news. The only stuff I've enjoyed is stuff that happened before 1990; ever since then the Muppets have become completely pathetic, and I can honestly say I'm embarrassed of them. I loved what the Muppets were but I cannot stand what they are now. I've been waiting for something big to happen with them, and they've only gotten worse. Bye everyone. Sign me outta this site, Phil... I'm done.
It's not Muppet Central's fault that the news is bad.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Gosh..

People seem to quit so simply. :confused:
It was just news. O_O
Bye Frogster. X3 *Wave wave*

muppet baby

Reaction score
Oh Disney [bangs head refusely}​
oh my goodness Barry Lee i am doing the same thing , yes this seems like a bad idea .

i hate that they want to drum down the great muppets to this .

Really sad oh my oh well maybe in the futher things will be better all that we can do is hope .

i know what i have read that some peopele want to give up . Please don't give up on our dear muppets things with inprove i know it .

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To be honest, I'll be happy if they do something great. You never know what can happen. But if it never happens again, that's OK too. I'm just grateful they happened at all in the first place. These things can't be easily repeated. :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score

Well, when several principle members of any given group of performers passes away, of course the projects suffer. Personally, I really am embarassed by post VMX stuff. It's kinda sad to say that's the last good thing they've done for a while.

But then again, the good news to the bad news is that Jim Hill is often WRONG.

Seriously, a couple years ago, I would have fought that comment, but now, I almost agree completely. Oz was crap, and it took them forever to think of anything to do after that (ooh... it came in third duri ng the night of the daytime emmys... that's total failure... :rolleyes: ). But I feel a lot of the blame of how terrible the product was falls onto Disney, for trying to make it hip and relevant by taking a B list celebrity that can't act and giving her the lead. Why a lot of us fans were angry was there was a long line of other (better) scripts that have been in developement purgatory for years.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I thought MFS was a bit of an attempt to be hip and relevant as well, and that was before Disney. Attempts like that just don't tend to be very well received (no offence to anyone who did like the film).

But again, I don't place blame on anyone, it's hard to recreate something so good. I commend them for trying to continue. :smile: