Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Minnesota-bred greats: Charles "Sparky" Schulz and Jerry Juhl. Two great talents and awesome entertainers.

Thanks for keeping the remembrances going, Gordon.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
We will miss you, Jerry Juhl

Wow! I can't really say that I know Jerry Juhl- only know of him and his work. But it's really saddening to hear that he has passed away. He has been one of the greatest Muppet writers and wrote some of the best and most loved specials that I like- particularly Muppet Family Christmas. It's so sad to see him go. It seems this year a lot of childhood heroes have died.
Dana Elcar- "Pete Thornton" on MacGyver
Bob Denver- "Gilligan" on "Gilligan's Island" and "Maynard G. Krebs" on "The Many, Many Loves of Dobie Gillis"
Don Adams- "Maxwell Smart" on "Get Smart" and the voice of Inspector Gadget

And now Jerry Juhl.

They will all be remembered and their work lives on.
:sympathy: :frown: :cry:

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
Constance Brown Passed away last night also the First Black female Lawyer who defended Brown vs the BOE

Drtooth

Reaction score
Has this been an awful week or what? First, Don Adams, voice of my childhood hero passed away, now the great writing force behind the Muppet movies and show? This is quite a lot of depressing news in one week. It is such a shame that his last years with the Henson team weren't so great, after seeing Muppets from space totally changed. We all had big dreams he'd come back and write for the Muppets once again, but now it looks like it's gone. He truely was a talented man, and he will be sorely missed.

BTW, is there any kind of e-mail message we can sign and send his family?

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh, gosh...

This is just so saddening! :frown: And then to realize that many others have died, as well as one of our own?? That's just too much for one's mind to comprehend! Jim, Richard, Erin (I'm assuming Erin Ozker?), and now Jerry. Frank's pretty much left (cept for special spots, I believe.), the same with Jerry Nelson! Who's left that is the original Muppeters??

:concern: Dave Golez, who is now getting into his late 40's-50's. This is too much the past is falling away, and the future is somewhat uncertain. I pray that they'll keep the magic alive, and be able to keep them in the spotlight, and not whore them out, as it sounds like they may do. *("They" - Disney's Muppet Holding Company LLC.)

spcglider

Reaction score
rememberances

Fozzie Bear said:
Minnesota-bred greats: Charles "Sparky" Schulz and Jerry Juhl. Two great talents and awesome entertainers.

Thanks for keeping the remembrances going, Gordon.
Let me say this: I am so very fortunate to have known Jerry even for the short time I did. Even more fortunate to have been able to spend time with him on several occasions.

And more: Knowing the depth of love I have for my wife Jennifer, if there was any way for me to forfeit that time and return it to Jerry's wife Susan so that she could have it with him instead, I would in an instant.

-Gordon

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I had two or three opportunities where I had the chance to meet Jerry Juhl and never did due to conflicting circumstances. However, while I wasn't close friends with Mr. Juhl I corresponded with him via e-mail every once in awhile particularly around the holidays. He was always so funny and kind to me in his e-mails and kept promising we would meet one day. Well unfortunately we never did but I'm glad to have had the correspondence with him that I did and he always remembered my name and who I was even if I hadn't e-mailed him between long periods of time. I first met him on the old Prodigy on-line service BEFORE Prodigy internet, etc. on this puppetry discussion board (which is also how I came to know Steve Whitmire and Craig Shaiman.) Jerry will be missed and may his family find comfort knowing what a legacy he left his fans.

AruggeRadio

Reaction score
This is truly sad, the Muppets wouldn't have been the Muppets without Jerry Juhl. Sadly i think a lot of the charm and humor left the muppets when Jerry wasn't as involved with the writing. I never knew there was a St. Paul connection to the muppets and being from St. Paul it puts a smile on my face.

I wish everyone in Jerry's family the best during this difficult time. Jim, Richard and now Jerry are up there now working on the greatest Muppet Show unfortunately all of us will have to wait to see.

Christopher

BEAR

Reaction score
Is there an address where I can send a card or something to his family or the henson company or anything? Do you think that would even be okay to do? :sympathy: