1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Celebrating Jerry Juhl

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Fozzie Bear, Sep 28, 2005.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Active Member

EDIT:

I started this thread to announce the passing of one of the most influential people on the history of The Muppets and more; but rather than focus on the passing, let's celebrate his life. It's been said he loved the silly and the zaniness of life, so promote that in all you create in awe of his work. And be happy he's with Jim and Richard again...he's left us a multitude of great works, and for that I'm appreciative. :)

I just posted this in the thread about the stamps because this is where the news began:

http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=324552&postcount=26

I also called the JHC on La Brea in LA and they verified it. I'm awaiting a call from the PR Dept to verify and inquire further.

Appears Jerry Juhl passed away Monday Night.
    :( :cry:

I'm sad.
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

That's sad

It's too bad that Jerry Juhl died. At least he was able to work on the first season DVDs of both The Muppet Show and Fraggle Rock. I wonder if this news will be in any upcoming issues of any magazines (like TV Guide or Entertainment Weekly).
  3. BEAR

BEAR Active Member

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :boo:
  4. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Oh, no... that's so sad. I really can't believe it.
  5. Oh, thats terrible news. Best wishes to his family and friends. He will be missed.
  6. Fozzie Bear

I've always credited Jerry Juhl for having really created the characters' personalities as we know them since it was his writing that gave the performers the direction to take when acting out the roles.

I still haven't heard from the JHC PR Dept yet, as soon as I do I'll post back here.
  7. Kimp the Shrimp

Kimp the Shrimp Active Member

has there ben a solid verifacation because i see no info any where
  8. anytimepally

anytimepally Active Member

9. Vic Romano

Vic Romano Active Member

Frogster just told me this... I'm too depressed to comment right now... I need to call my dad...
  10. muppet_dk

muppet_dk Active Member

:cry: This is indeed very sad news :cry:
  11. redBoobergurl

redBoobergurl Well-Known Member

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is horrible, horrible, very sad news. This isn't happening? Did we really lose another one? It's so sad.
  12. froggiegirl18

froggiegirl18 New Member

I just called the Henson company in CA and they confirmed the news. He will truly be missed. :cry:
  13. Fozzie Bear

I called the JHC on La Brea in LA. You can find their number on the website. They verified it there. I am waiting on a call from the PR Dept after leaving a message inquiring about a press release.

I'm sure if we keep our eyes open to www.henson.com the press release section should have something up there before long. I'm sure they understand his importance to, not only their company, but also their fans.

http://www.henson.com/company/press.html
    Nothing is there yet, but here's the link to keep on hand to keep checking for info.

I'm also disheartened that nobody (CNN or otherwise) has any mention of his passing! No credit where it's due.
  14. goshposh

goshposh Member

i saw jerry at the poa festival in july. he seemed to be in good health. my sympathy goes to his family
  15. Fozzie Bear

16. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

hey gang,

Aw no! :cry: this is sad news! I will miss him. :( My heart goes with his family. I was just watchin my "MTI" dvd on saturday and Jerry was in it. :( thanks for informing us Foz. R.I.P Jerry @ least him and Jim are togeather again making Muppet magic up there!
  17. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Active Member

No, I can't believe it. This is too sad. Rest in Peace Mr. Juhl.
  18. Jonathan

Jonathan New Member

I cant even talk right now... ***** it
  19. Fozzie Bear

I just posted this at TP regarding posts from folks who've seen him recently:

20. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

Jerry Juhl...

This news is...too much...

No, no, no. It can't be so. No!!! Oh, god, I can't believe this...Jerry is...he's one of my idols he's been...forever, and....it's...no...