Celebrating Jerry Juhl

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I found this info on the Jim Hill website:

Speaking of Mr. Juhl ... Though no formal arrangements have been made as of this time, Susan has reportedly requested that -- in lieu of flowers -- that donations be made in Jerry's name to the Caspar Community Center as well as the Save the Redwoods League.

There are links to these two charities on www.jimhillmedia.com under his story on Jerry.

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
MelissaY1 said:
I found this info on the Jim Hill website:

Speaking of Mr. Juhl ... Though no formal arrangements have been made as of this time, Susan has reportedly requested that -- in lieu of flowers -- that donations be made in Jerry's name to the Caspar Community Center as well as the Save the Redwoods League.

There are links to these two charities on www.jimhillmedia.com under his story on Jerry.
i'm heading over there i'll give a 20 to both

thank you, melissa

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Kynan at TP named tomorrow as Jerry Juhl day, and suggested doing something silly all day. This is after a suggestion by Jerry's wife that people do something silly to honor him.

And he's right, you know. We should definitely be celebrating his life rather than being so down-and-out about his death. He's given us sooo much happiness than to let his passing be the demise of our remembrance of him!

I've mentioned there that I plan on telling as many of my own dumb jokes throughout the day as I possibly can in celebration of Jerry Juhl, who inspired me to do that with his writings for Fozzie Bear!

It's a sad moment, but let's also remember to rejoice in his work over the years!

beaker

Reaction score
There can be no overstating that a massive creative fuel behind th emagic and appeal of the Muppets over the many decades was because of Juhl, blessed with the the ability to transcend through the pen. Over the last half a century Juhl was able to show countless millions on a consistant level the virtues of laughter, friendship, creativity, and adventure...all whil emaking it very entertaining.

Everything Juhl wrote for Mupept wise seemed to literlaly be golden, and I think he had the unique foresight and ability to take Jim's vision and make it shine across the world.

Jerry Juhl amongst Muppetdom, children's programming, and scribers amongst everyone who grew up on Jim Henson's creations will be truly missed. I hope that th eyounger fans of Muppet fans can look back and see just how influential Juhl was to Mupptdom as a global spanning creative force of laughter and imagination over the years.

spcglider

Reaction score
Jerry Juhl Day

Fozzie Bear said:
Kynan at TP named tomorrow as Jerry Juhl day, and suggested doing something silly all day. This is after a suggestion by Jerry's wife that people do something silly to honor him.

I've mentioned there that I plan on telling as many of my own dumb jokes throughout the day as I possibly can in celebration of Jerry Juhl, who inspired me to do that with his writings for Fozzie Bear!
What a brilliant idea! Perhaps I'll sew some ping-pong balls on a green hat and wear them tomorrow. But of course, I'll have to not mention why to my co-workers. That'll be the SILLY part. :smile:

-Gordon

Kimp the Shrimp

Reaction score
i'll wear just a bowler hat and polka dot tie not not tell the police why

MattFraggle

Reaction score
I'm deeply saddened by this loss. Condolences to his family and friends. He seemed like a wonderful man. It would have been a treat to be able to sit down and talk to him. Sadly, I'll never get that chance.