"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
What have they done that's 'horrid'? My major complaints have all been lack-of-action-related. You can't honestly say you would have preferred nothing over MWoO? I'd rather them put out decent stuff - which I'm sure they could.
the un-usefull tv spots the muppets have been on...I'd rather kermit not be on tv at all that acting a fool on some home building show to be quite honest...and I have no problem with the muppets wizard of oz I think it's ok I just dont like old whats her face who played Dorthy...I mean look i can't even remember her name...was it beyonce? those pop divas are all the same to me...*shruggs* but like I said I think Disney should bring out the muppet libray all out on dvd first if all they want to do is make money from them.

Marky

Reaction score
Still, ashanti or no ashanti (she wasn't terrible), I'd still rather have had MWoO than nothing. I didn't like it enough to buy it, but it was an okay rent (I missed it on TV). It had some moments, and a decent effort was put into it. I'd like more things like that. Better than nothing!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
Still, ashanti or no ashanti (she wasn't terrible), I'd still rather have had MWoO than nothing. I didn't like it enough to buy it, but it was an okay rent (I missed it on TV). It had some moments, and a decent effort was put into it. I'd like more things like that. Better than nothing!
Ashati that's her name! sorry I can't remember all these cookie cuter pop princesses. And I Deg To Biffer! She was soooo stiff with the muppets.
I'd rather queen latiffa be dorthy atleast she acted like herself.
It all was just way to trendy and modern for me.
The muppets don't need to act like that they are fine the way they are just have them acting themselves in todays world and they would be just as good as what they're trying to do and failing at it.
And the dvd is good I don't have a problem with the muppets wizard of oz to be quite honest besides the bad cgi wizard part and lil miss pop princess.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
Ashati that's her name! sorry I can't remember all these cookie cuter pop princesses. And I Deg To Biffer! She was soooo stiff with the muppets.
I'd rather queen latiffa be dorthy atleast she acted like herself.
It all was just way to trendy and modern for me.
The muppets don't need to act like that they are fine the way they are just have them acting themselves in todays world and they would be just as good as what they're trying to do and failing at it.
And the dvd is good I don't have a problem with the muppets wizard of oz to be quite honest besides the bad cgi wizard part and lil miss pop princess.
lol

yeah, it'd be alot better without those! But are they to blame for the low ratings?!

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
lol

yeah, it'd be alot better without those! But are they to blame for the low ratings?!
to be honest I'm not sure what the real ratings had been for this disney said one thing...fans said another...some guy who complains on some blog said another...
To me sadly the muppets just feel so out of place these days...and I have no problem with steve doing Kermit even though I know quite a few people allot better at it and who happen to act allot like jim's kermit....and thats my problem...steve's kermit trys to act to out of hand and he was always like the calm collective one....no he just seems like he's on a lack of sleep and to much coffee lol.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
to be honest I'm not sure what the real ratings had been for this disney said one thing...fans said another...some guy who complains on some blog said another...
To me sadly the muppets just feel so out of place these days...and I have no problem with steve doing Kermit even though I know quite a few people allot better at it and who happen to act allot like jim's kermit....and thats my problem...steve's kermit trys to act to out of hand and he was always like the calm collective one....no he just seems like he's on a lack of sleep and to much coffee lol.
I see what you're saying, but didn't Kermit lose it and do a lot of yelling backstage on the Muppet Show? Jim's movie Kermit and SS Kermit seemed to be calmer. He'd yell at Scooter, Fozzie or Gonzo at the drop of a dime!

"Out! Out! Out!"
"Will you get outta here!"
etc.

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
Marky said:
I see what you're saying, but didn't Kermit lose it and do a lot of yelling backstage on the Muppet Show? Jim's movie Kermit and SS Kermit seemed to be calmer. He'd yell at Scooter, Fozzie or Gonzo at the drop of a dime!

"Out! Out! Out!"
"Will you get outta here!"
etc.
yes Kermit gets angry..but that's not what I'm talking about..his character had a range of character...steves Kermit is flat and hyper all of the time...or overly nice...kinda makes me not like Kermit anymore...he was silly not hyper.
He kinda acts like when you see an amiture at a mall doing puppets or a sunday school teacher doing a puppet show...they kinda flop them around like dolls..not very believable.:smirk:

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
yes Kermit gets angry..but that's not what I'm talking about..his character had a range of character...steves Kermit is flat and hyper all of the time...or overly nice...kinda makes me not like Kermit anymore...he was silly not hyper.
He kinda acts like when you see an amiture at a mall doing puppets or a sunday school teacher doing a puppet show...they kinda flop them around like dolls..not very believable.:smirk:
... like I've said many times, none of it is the same since Jim passed and Frank retired. They were masters at what they did.

... mind you, some of what you're saying has to do with the material they're given. I think the worst Muppet material I've seen is the Pepe's Profiles stuck on the 4 Disney anniversary DVD. It's simply un-funny.

The Muppaphone

Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Disney has Killed off The Muppets... They Are Just to Scared to tell us
Amen to that. Its sad to think how one of the leading children's entertainment companies can manage to mutilate every liscence it gets its dirty little hands on.

Barry Lee

Reaction score
(Some people might kill me for saying this, but) I dont think we need a new show right now, I believe Disney needs to do more research and get the Muppets back to its original form in order to make the show a success, but If we have a Muppet show right now? I believe it will flop, the rate the Muppets are treated right now. But thats my opinion.