"America's Next Muppet" mini-series in development

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
Why, oh why did Henson sell the Muppets to Disney?

WHY????

Oh yeah. Money.

:mad: Would you please knock it off!? I mean no offense but this thread is not the place for that kind of talk. It seems that every chance you get, you need to bash Disney and state how all Disney cares about is money and ruining people's lives. Almost every post you make does. We are tired of it. There are plenty of threads here that are specifically designed for that kind of Disney trash talk. Please go there to express your feelings. This thread is about a specific show that may or may not be in development. Actually, I may even ask that this thread be closed all together. As it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. Okay...stepping off my soapbox...

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
:mad: Would you please knock it off!? I mean no offense but this thread is not the place for that kind of talk. It seems that every chance you get, you need to bash Disney and state how all Disney cares about is money and ruining people's lives. Almost every post you make does. We are tired of it. There are plenty of threads here that are specifically designed for that kind of Disney trash talk. Please go there to express your feelings. This thread is about a specific show that may or may not be in development. Actually, I may even ask that this thread be closed all together. As it doesn't seem like it's going anywhere. Okay...stepping off my soapbox...
Easy now, I never said that they ruined people's lives!

Yes, I've express my opinions on Disney's lack of motion (unless the motion is a removal or cancellation) on anything Muppet since MWoO, but I haven't been alone by doing so - not by a long shot.

Nothing I've said has been overly harsh in my opinion. Cynical? Absolutely.
Is there truth behind what I imply? Even you can't deny that. Does it qualify as 'trash talk'? Whoah. What blue words, outright flogging or name-smearing have I done? Heck, I've even praised Buena Vista, Disney animation and ABC for other TV efforts!

I apologize if anything I've said offended anyone here, whether they be employees of Disney or seem to really, really wish they were. I understand most of you Americans hold it as the sacred dream, I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with that either.

I'll stop mentioning anything to do with Disney, and you can ban this thread, or lock it up or do whatever it is that you feel you have to do.

BEAR

Reaction score
The whole bad-mouthing Disney is just getting old, is all. I mean no offense to you either. In fact, my post was not just to you, it was to everyone. I understand people being upset with the Disney company for their own reasons, but when it spreads to a quarter of the threads on the board, it's just crazy. I don't want to burn bridges with you here and I am not completely disagreeing with some of your feelings, I just think that there are better ways to go about this.

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
The whole bad-mouthing Disney is just getting old, is all. I mean no offense to you either. In fact, my post was not just to you, it was to everyone. I understand people being upset with the Disney company for their own reasons, but when it spreads to a quarter of the threads on the board, it's just crazy. I don't want to burn bridges with you here and I am not completely disagreeing with some of your feelings, I just think that there are better ways to go about this.
It is getting old, yes, I admit. I'm helping it get old, too, I confess.
I just love the Muppets so much and have for my whole life.

I mean, I'm also a life-long Star Wars fan! You think I've had it easy since 1999??? How can I defend Jar-Jar? Fellow Canadian Hayden Christiansen's acting? CG overload? And you think being a collector is easy? Don't get me started!!!

Perhaps being a Gen-Xer starving for pop-culture nostagia in these uncertain times is taking its toll on me.

(walking down road, kicking a rusty can)

BEAR

Reaction score
Marky said:
It is getting old, yes, I admit. I'm helping it get old, too, I confess.
I just love the Muppets so much and have for my whole life.

I mean, I'm also a life-long Star Wars fan! You think I've had it easy since 1999??? How can I defend Jar-Jar? Fellow Canadian Hayden Christiansen's acting? CG overload? And you think being a collector is easy? Don't get me started!!!

Perhaps being a Gen-Xer starving for pop-culture nostagia in these uncertain times is taking its toll on me.

(walking down road, kicking a rusty can)

No, I respect your love and passion for the Muppets. I am just as big a fan as you, if not bigger. I want to protect them as much as you, but it hasn't been that long since the Disney deal. And while they haven't done a ton of new things with them yet, they have not been forgotten about. Let's give Disney a few more years and then see what happens. If nothing great comes in that time, then I think we have more a right to complain to Diz. I just don't believe that Disney's only motive for buying the Muppets is purely money related. Michael Eisner really cared about the Muppets and he is the one who wanted to buy them. Now he is gone. While Eisner was the subject of many complaints in recent years, I must support and admire his interest in the Muppets. I believe that if he were still with the Company, the Muppets might be doing more stuff right now or atleast really soon. I say we just appreciate what Disney has done so far and give them a little breathing room to do more.

Marky

Reaction score
BEAR said:
No, I respect your love and passion for the Muppets. I am just as big a fan as you, if not bigger. I want to protect them as much as you, but it hasn't been that long since the Disney deal. And while they haven't done a ton of new things with them yet, they have not been forgotten about. Let's give Disney a few more years and then see what happens. If nothing great comes in that time, then I think we have more a right to complain to Diz. I just don't believe that Disney's only motive for buying the Muppets is purely money related. Michael Eisner really cared about the Muppets and he is the one who wanted to buy them. Now he is gone. While Eisner was the subject of many complaints in recent years, I must support and admire his interest in the Muppets. I believe that if he were still with the Company, the Muppets might be doing more stuff right now or atleast really soon. I say we just appreciate what Disney has done so far and give them a little breathing room to do more.
Yeah, you're right.

Hey, if Disney puts out something great in a few years and they make tons of dough - all the power to 'em!

(hmm... wonder if that Star Wars tv show'll come out before then...???)

TheJimHensonHour

Reaction score
BEAR said:
well that was was michael eisner not freaking disney...there is a differnce now that he is gone sure the disney fans may of hated the guy but I know allot of muppet fans were happy that he got the muppets...shame he couldnt of taken them with him and started his own muppet company.
I'm sorry Disney isn't disney anymore just like the muppets are not the muppets anymore...it's very sad and very true.
And no I an not bashing disney I honestly could care less about them and the stuff they make. I do on the other hand care a great deal for the muppets and I know I'd much rather see them doing nothing with them and releasing old stuff than to make horrid new stuff with now class and no tatse.

Marky

Reaction score
TheJimHensonHour said:
well that was was michael eisner not freaking disney...there is a differnce now that he is gone sure the disney fans may of hated the guy but I know allot of muppet fans were happy that he got the muppets...shame he couldnt of taken them with him and started his own muppet company.
I'm sorry Disney isn't disney anymore just like the muppets are not the muppets anymore...it's very sad and very true.
And no I an not bashing disney I honestly could care less about them and the stuff they make. I do on the other hand care a great deal for the muppets and I know I'd much rather see them doing nothing with them and releasing old stuff than to make horrid new stuff with now class and no tatse.
What have they done that's 'horrid'? My major complaints have all been lack-of-action-related. You can't honestly say you would have preferred nothing over MWoO? I'd rather them put out decent stuff - which I'm sure they could.