"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
You know what's really, really sad? I don't even have Christmas Eve on Sesame Street on DVD yet, and I'll likely own THIS THING before getting that classic! :eek:

Seriously, I've been meaning to buy that box-set that comes with Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Elmo Saves Christmas and Happy Holidays (For the former two specials), but every year when I see it on the shelf at that special Christmas sale price... there's always something else that ends up getting my festive dollar...
Haha, well as SG knows, as kind of a knee-jerk response to this special's DVD release,I finally bought the Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD a few weeks ago. Best decision one could make celebrate this special coming out on DVD. :big_grin:

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Haha, well as SG knows, as kind of a knee-jerk response to this special's DVD release,I finally bought the Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD a few weeks ago. Best decision one could make celebrate this special coming out on DVD. :big_grin:
Those darn Christmas Barney collections...

Now that I'll be watching A Special Sesame Street Christmas right before I go Christmas shopping, this MIGHT JUST BE THE YEAR! :fishy:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Those darn Christmas Barney collections...

Now that I'll be watching A Special Sesame Street Christmas right before I go Christmas shopping, this MIGHT JUST BE THE YEAR! :fishy:
Hey, there's still tons of other Christmas specials I love that I need DVDs of (It's a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Muppet Family Christmas as well as tons of others) all of which will be purchased long before this special ever is by me. :cluck: It's the thought that counts everybody. :stick_out_tongue:

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
By the way Bob, I enjoyed your review of this train wreck.

Were the people behind ASSSC the same ones behind "The Star Wars Holiday Special"?

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
By the way Bob, I enjoyed your review of this train wreck.

Were the people behind ASSSC the same ones behind "The Star Wars Holiday Special"?
Why thank you, good sir. There's the chance I might do another Christmas special review this year but given I haven't done any reviews in a long time I can't make any promises. I have a movie picked already if I do a review this year and trust me, it'll be hard to top that one but I'll try. :shifty:

And no, I don't think the team behind the Star Wars Holiday Special was involved with this.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Hey, there's still tons of other Christmas specials I love that I need DVDs of (It's a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Muppet Family Christmas as well as tons of others) all of which will be purchased long before this special ever is by me. :cluck: It's the thought that counts everybody. :stick_out_tongue:
Wha... wha... How do you not own It's a Wonderful Life and The Grinch yet? Those go for... what?... $10 a pop?

With the Sesame Street ones, I at least have the excuse that they're horribly expensive. :stick_out_tongue:

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Wha... wha... How do you not own It's a Wonderful Life and The Grinch yet? Those go for... what?... $10 a pop?

With the Sesame Street ones, I at least have the excuse that they're horribly expensive. :stick_out_tongue:
Hey! In my defense, I have a old public domain VHS copy of It's a Wonderful Life I bought at a church sale a few years back and a VHS copy of The Grinch that's on the cusp of wearing out. Then again, my VCR has been disconnected for two years, so I guess those arguments are invalid. XD

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I always said the two were very similar, lol.

I know I'm in the minority here but I've only seen It's a Wonderful Life once and didn't particularly want to see it again, lol. I love Miracle on 34th Street though! :smile:

I don't own the Grinch cartoon because I know I'd watch it all the time, lol. I prefer to keep it a yearly tradition. :smile:

In contrast, I don't own the Grinch live action movie because I extremely disliked it, lol.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
I don't own the Grinch cartoon because I know I'd watch it all the time, lol. I prefer to keep it a yearly tradition. :smile:

In contrast, I don't own the Grinch live action movie because I extremely disliked it, lol.
Here's what I do with the cartoon - I watch it almost non-stop before Christmastime, so I'm sick of it by the time Christmas is over. :stick_out_tongue:

As for the Jim Carrey movie - I do enjoy it, but it seems like every year that goes by, I go to that one less and less, and to the cartoon more and more. I even tried watching it out-of-season this past July, and it was a pretty boring experience. That said, I think I'll always watch it at least once a year.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Here's what I do with the cartoon - I watch it almost non-stop before Christmastime, so I'm sick of it by the time Christmas is over. :stick_out_tongue:
Best idea ever! :stick_out_tongue:

As for the Jim Carrey movie - I do enjoy it, but it seems like every year that goes by, I go to that one less and less, and to the cartoon more and more. I even tried watching it out-of-season this past July, and it was a pretty boring experience. That said, I think I'll always watch it at least once a year.
I'll say this about the Carrey movie: I was about 8 or 9 when it came out, I saw it on the big screen like everyone did and I enjoyed it but then kind of forgot about it. I don't even watch it when it's on TV every year. Thanks to SG here, I've seen it a handful of times elsewhere and I will say the film is visually impressive and Jim Carrey does have some very funny lines, even if the jokes are sometimes generic. Other than that, I think it suffers primarily from the padded-out script. The cartoon was 30 minutes for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.