"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Nope, no Ernie and Bert. Just Oscar, a little bit of Big Bird and Barkley, a little of the humans, and a rampage of celebrity guests. I believe sawing14 sums up this special best when he said:

sawing14 said:
Only one word describes this abomination of a Christmas special:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't know what you guys are talking about. This is hands-down the best Sesame special in history.

In seriousness, I'm hoping that if they're releasing THIS of all things, "Out to Lunch" has a chance of making it to disc as well. I mean, they've played clips of it in screenings.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score

I love how Michael Jackson is on the front cover, despite only having a brief scene in this gosh-awful special (and I use the term 'special' very lightly here).

mupcollector1

Reaction score
So just Caroll Spinney's Muppets where present. None of Frank's, Jim's or Jerry's characters at all? Weird. No wonder I rarely heard about it. lol
Though I do love Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. That was a classic. I bought the dvd awhile back. And I think I was just fusterated with the cover as well as first three Muppet movie covers being all stock photoshop instead of the actual posters so I printed out the original movie poster covers over them. lol I think Muppets Take Manhattan I found one of my trading cards with the poster of that and I just scanned it and resized it somehow. lol A great example why I'm such a picky fan. lol

Oscarfan

Reaction score

I love how Michael Jackson is on the front cover, despite only having a brief scene in this gosh-awful special (and I use the term 'special' very lightly here).
I like how basically his whole scene is in the preview.

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
So just Caroll Spinney's Muppets where present. None of Frank's, Jim's or Jerry's characters at all? Weird. No wonder I rarely heard about it. lol
Though I do love Christmas Eve on Sesame Street. That was a classic. I bought the dvd awhile back. And I think I was just fusterated with the cover as well as first three Muppet movie covers being all stock photoshop instead of the actual posters so I printed out the original movie poster covers over them. lol I think Muppets Take Manhattan I found one of my trading cards with the poster of that and I just scanned it and resized it somehow. lol A great example why I'm such a picky fan. lol
Jim, Frank, and co. were probably busy doing The Muppet Show at the time. Besides that, we do have one other Muppet (a much larger Barkley), but only four of the humans (Mr. Hooper, Bob, Maria, David). If anything, this special's focus is on Oscar, Diana Ross, random cameos, and a series of poorly-staged musical numbers. We get to hear the word ''idiot'' uttered for the first time on Sesame Street(?). And did I mention that CBS aired this the same year they aired "The Star Wars Holiday Special"? And it was also released around the same time of the far superior "Christmas Eve on Sesame Street". The CBS executves' thinking was "Gee, if there are two Sesame Christmas specials made this month, one of them's bound to air".

Hmmm... I wonder if the Rifftrax gang will do a commentary on this special.

mupcollector1

Reaction score
We get to hear the word ''idiot'' uttered for the first time on Sesame Street
I know there was a Ernie and Bert sketch where Ernie sings Oprah out the window to find what time it is and there a voice that can be heard "ERNIE, Shut Up!"

And was it Miles? Or who was that Young guy from the 90s Sesame with the backwards baseball cap with those cool blue sway shoes. Was there an episode where there was racist on the phone and he was telling Telly that he was a jerk or something? I seen a clip of that on the A&E Sesame Documentry or Sesame Unpaved. Did that even air?

Also an early 1970 Ernie and Bert sketch, Ernie has his own Barber shop and Bert said what Ernie was doing was so Stupid.

Big Bird called Mr Hooper Mr. Pooper once.

So I guess that joins the list of rare Sesame Moments.

Sesame must have said something like jerk on the 25th Aniversary Special, the one where they satirize Donald Trump for trying to cancel Sesame Street and PBS, they called him Ronald Dump. I didn't get the refference until I was transmiting my old tape my grandmother must have taped off of TV from me to DVD a few years back. I was like, Satire on Sesame? Hmm, Interesting. lol He was working with Benny Bunny. Kevin's rare character you just don't see anymore.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The CBS executves' thinking was "Gee, if there are two Sesame Christmas specials made this month, one of them's bound to air".
Actually it was somebody from CTW who thought that.

I don't think Sesame Workshop owns this special, which would be why it's not being released by Warner Home Video (Sesame Workshop also lacks the distribution rights to Elmo in Grouchland, 20 and Still Counting, and Being Elmo, all of which were released on DVD by other companies).

Status
Not open for further replies.