"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
That one is WORSE! The guy who created Jar Jar Binks thinks it's an embarassment. What does that tell you?
That that guy shouldn't talk, lol. :wink:

But about the Sesame Street special, I agree most of the dialogue is laughably painful and Oscar's little redemption story is a bit too forced. As others have said, Christmas Eve on Sesame Street did more with just a couple of cute moments.

HOWEVER, I will say the one scene I like in A Special Sesame Street Christmas is where they're complaining about the snow plow ruining all their hard work because that's pretty much every Winter for me, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I also have a soft spot for Elmo Saves Christmas. Mainly because it's one of the last (if not the last) appearances of a certain reporting amphibian. And I give EW: Happy Holidays nothing but credit for doing the Nativity scene (though it still was very murky about the explanation of Kwanzaa). Even with the eye sore that is Elmo's Christmas Countdown, at least you have as many Muppets as there are celebrities.

Though, I did like the thing about the plow too. Can't tell you how many times that happened to me.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And I give EW: Happy Holidays nothing but credit for doing the Nativity scene (though it still was very murky about the explanation of Kwanzaa).
Yeah I do admire them for proving that you can be inclusive and respectful without getting all uptight. Christmas is, at its heart, a story about a baby and that's all you need for starters. Though yeah I think a lot of specials in general are a little confused about Kwanzaa actually, heh.

Though, I did like the thing about the plow too. Can't tell you how many times that happened to me.
Yeah it put Sesame Street in a real inner city world like you would have seen in one of the live action segments and that's always nice to see.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah it put Sesame Street in a real inner city world like you would have seen in one of the live action segments and that's always nice to see.
Inner city, outer city, suburb... those plow guys can go [disrupted by the sound of a rushing subway train] and be grateful for the opportunity :super:

In get "snow rage" pretty bad.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Yeahhh, after listening to those MP3 samples, I'm definitely not buying the DVD of this special, I forgot how appallingly bad this special is until I listened to them. And I own The Muppets' Wizard of Oz DVD for Pete's sake! I'd much rather put my money toward a DVD of a better Sesame special.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Plucky Duck's Yakkity Yak is still better...

But yeah, half those songs aren't even ON the special, are they? And who the flark are the Merry Mistletoes?

See? This thing is for Sesame Street completists only. And even they don't want it.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
The soundtrack is up with samples on Amazon...
http://www.amazon.com/A-Special-Ses...B009SZ9EWS/ref=tmm_other_meta_binding_title_0

Wouldn't you know it? They just lifted the audio right from the special and put it on a CD and the bonus tracks are very obnoxious. Why am I not surprised? :grouchy:
Ah, thanks for finding that, buddy. :super:

Yeah, there's no way I'm buying that CD now - Especially seeing how it's selling for $15 at Chapters, and the actual special is only $3 more. I guess I'll have to buy an Ann Murray album for "You Needed Me"... but then again, Ann Murray albums don't have the awesomeness of YAKETY-YAK, DON'T TALK BACK!!! :laugh:

(You know, I'm still really surprised that they were able to put "You Needed Me" on this thing, seeing that they just used the regular studio version for the special)

I'm still buying the DVD, though - Call me crazy, guys, but since seeing it for the first time (I hated it the first time around) last year, this thing's grown on me... I honestly don't know what I should do with myself now... :cry:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeahhh, after listening to those MP3 samples, I'm definitely not buying the DVD of this special, I forgot how appallingly bad this special is until I listened to them. And I own The Muppets' Wizard of Oz DVD for Pete's sake!
Eh, given the choice I'll still buy the lousy '70s Christmas special, lol.

SuperGzilla12

Reaction score
Eh, given the choice I'll still buy the lousy '70s Christmas special, lol.
You know what's really, really sad? I don't even have Christmas Eve on Sesame Street on DVD yet, and I'll likely own THIS THING before getting that classic! :eek:

Seriously, I've been meaning to buy that box-set that comes with Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, Elmo Saves Christmas and Happy Holidays (For the former two specials), but every year when I see it on the shelf at that special Christmas sale price... there's always something else that ends up getting my festive dollar...

Status
Not open for further replies.