"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I don't care if this real, fan made, or whatever... I'd rather buy and watch ALL the Elmo's World collections than this.

I love Michael Jackson on the cover. You think we can get a Muppet Movie with Steve Martin or Kojak on the cover? Rerelease MFS with the caption "Starring Hulk Hogan?"

SSLFan

Reaction score
I don't care if this real, fan made, or whatever... I'd rather buy and watch ALL the Elmo's World collections than this.
LOL.

I've never seen it in full, I just can't bare to watch the whole thing. It basically looks like "A Bunch of Stars Singing Christmas Songs and Just So Happen to be on Sesame Street Christmas Special."

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In the words of Elaine Benes, "Fake-fake-fake-fake-fake..."

At least I HOPE... the DVD cover art looks like it could have been done in Photoshop, I can't really say anything about the trailer, because I can't see a trailer for some reason (got a direct link?).

Either way, I really don't think this is too legit, looking closely at the cover art, that certainly doesn't look like the WB shield on the spine, and we know Warner Bros. currently holds the distribution rights to SST DVDs; not only that, but we also know the folks at then-CTW knew this special was a flop, they made it that way on purpose, because they were forced to make two Christmas specials that same year, but CEOSST was meant to be a success; they knew ASSSTC wouldn't be so much, and they didn't care, as long as CEOSST was a success, that's all that mattered.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
In the words of Elaine Benes, "Fake-fake-fake-fake-fake..."

At least I HOPE... the DVD cover art looks like it could have been done in Photoshop, I can't really say anything about the trailer, because I can't see a trailer for some reason (got a direct link?).

Either way, I really don't think this is too legit, looking closely at the cover art, that certainly doesn't look like the WB shield on the spine, and we know Warner Bros. currently holds the distribution rights to SST DVDs; not only that, but we also know the folks at then-CTW knew this special was a flop, they made it that way on purpose, because they were forced to make two Christmas specials that same year, but CEOSST was meant to be a success; they knew ASSSTC wouldn't be so much, and they didn't care, as long as CEOSST was a success, that's all that mattered.

And SW distributes DVDs with other companies. The "Shalom Sesame" series is done by Sisu and they released "Don't Eat the Pictures" on DVD through some Art Appreciation organization.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yikes... now that I've seen the trailer, this DOES look legit. :eek:

mupcollector1

Reaction score
WOO HOO Alright, new classic Sesame DVDs. That's so going on my christmas list next to The Muppet Christmas Carol Blu-Ray.

I've heard this special rumored around tape trade sites but I heard only a bad quality version was being passed around. Finally an official DVD of it. I hope Ernie and Bert are in it. :smile: Out of all things I've seen of Classic Sesame. I've never seen this special before. It's always excited for me to see something new from the classic era. :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.