1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"A Special Sesame Street Christmas" coming to DVD and CD November 6

Discussion in 'Sesame Merchandise' started by Oscarfan, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

1. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

Haha, well as SG knows, as kind of a knee-jerk response to this special's DVD release,I finally bought the Christmas Eve on Sesame Street DVD a few weeks ago. Best decision one could make celebrate this special coming out on DVD. :D
    SuperGzilla12 and heralde like this.
  2. SuperGzilla12

SuperGzilla12 Active Member

Those darn Christmas Barney collections...

Now that I'll be watching A Special Sesame Street Christmas right before I go Christmas shopping, this MIGHT JUST BE THE YEAR! :fishy:
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  3. BobThePizzaBoy

Hey, there's still tons of other Christmas specials I love that I need DVDs of (It's a Wonderful Life, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Muppet Family Christmas as well as tons of others) all of which will be purchased long before this special ever is by me. :cluck: It's the thought that counts everybody. :p
  4. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

By the way Bob, I enjoyed your review of this train wreck.

Were the people behind ASSSC the same ones behind "The Star Wars Holiday Special"?
    BobThePizzaBoy likes this.
  5. BobThePizzaBoy

Why thank you, good sir. There's the chance I might do another Christmas special review this year but given I haven't done any reviews in a long time I can't make any promises. I have a movie picked already if I do a review this year and trust me, it'll be hard to top that one but I'll try. :shifty:

And no, I don't think the team behind the Star Wars Holiday Special was involved with this.
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  6. SuperGzilla12

Wha... wha... How do you not own It's a Wonderful Life and The Grinch yet? Those go for... what?... $10 a pop?

With the Sesame Street ones, I at least have the excuse that they're horribly expensive. :p
  7. BobThePizzaBoy

Hey! In my defense, I have a old public domain VHS copy of It's a Wonderful Life I bought at a church sale a few years back and a VHS copy of The Grinch that's on the cusp of wearing out. Then again, my VCR has been disconnected for two years, so I guess those arguments are invalid. XD
    SuperGzilla12 likes this.
  8. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I always said the two were very similar, lol.

I know I'm in the minority here but I've only seen It's a Wonderful Life once and didn't particularly want to see it again, lol. I love Miracle on 34th Street though! :)

I don't own the Grinch cartoon because I know I'd watch it all the time, lol. I prefer to keep it a yearly tradition. :)

In contrast, I don't own the Grinch live action movie because I extremely disliked it, lol.
  9. SuperGzilla12

Here's what I do with the cartoon - I watch it almost non-stop before Christmastime, so I'm sick of it by the time Christmas is over. :p

As for the Jim Carrey movie - I do enjoy it, but it seems like every year that goes by, I go to that one less and less, and to the cartoon more and more. I even tried watching it out-of-season this past July, and it was a pretty boring experience. That said, I think I'll always watch it at least once a year.
    heralde likes this.
  10. BobThePizzaBoy

Best idea ever! :p

I'll say this about the Carrey movie: I was about 8 or 9 when it came out, I saw it on the big screen like everyone did and I enjoyed it but then kind of forgot about it. I don't even watch it when it's on TV every year. Thanks to SG here, I've seen it a handful of times elsewhere and I will say the film is visually impressive and Jim Carrey does have some very funny lines, even if the jokes are sometimes generic. Other than that, I think it suffers primarily from the padded-out script. The cartoon was 30 minutes for a reason.
  11. heralde

I agree about the padding out. Jim Carrey does do some fun things as the Grinch but they're almost always undercut by some stupid joke that was likely there to stretch things out.

But mainly I just hate that the creators completely missed (heck, ignored!) the point of the original story. That seems to be a tradition in bringing Seuss to the big screen, lol.
  12. BobThePizzaBoy

Hey, don't diss Seuss movies, you can't pass up great lyrics like "How ba-ad-ad-ad can I be?" :rolleyes:
    SuperGzilla12 and heralde like this.
  13. SuperGzilla12

Yeah, I watched Lorax again... I LIKED that movie?
  14. BobThePizzaBoy

I wouldn't worry too much about that, it seems like most people liked it. I honestly thought The Lorax was the worst Seuss film I've seen (I obviously haven't seen The Cat in the Hat). I could have done without the constant pop culture references and horrible songs, though the last one was okay. But I honestly did almost walk out of the theater during the aforementioned "How bad can I be?" song.
  15. heralde

Perhaps. Not this person, lol. But I'm bias, I really think the book and original cartoon are masterpieces and deserved better.
  16. SuperGzilla12

In case you didn't get the hint, I didn't like it the second time. :p
  17. BobThePizzaBoy

You of all people should know my sarcasm radar has a tendency to fault over the internet.
  18. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I pretty much got all the Christmas DVD's I need. Other than the fact I desperately need whatever Batman TAS season set that has Christmas with the Joker. But I got my favorites, Darkwing Duck, Super Mario Super Show, Dinosaurs all in box sets. And of course the brilliant KND Christmas massacre of Marvel Comics cliches.

If there's any truth to that Earthworm Jim complete series set coming out, that's the last Christmas episode I'm looking for, and one of my favorites of all time.
  19. SesameFever

SesameFever Active Member

20. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's obviously just the audio from the actual special, which is worthless unless you can't make mp3s from it yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.