YouTube Poops

D'Snowth

Reaction score
You can still get stuff off of Dailymotion (good luck finding anything good, though).

Unfortunately, the only Arthur episode I found was "Bleep," and I had a couple strong ideas I never managed to get around to doing. I have one more off of stuff I got off of YT I'm currently working on. I don't know if this is going to stop me, but I'm going to have to use a LOT of reused footage if I want to do another.
Apparently KeepVid is still standing (for right now), that's how I managed to whip up "I ATE OUR BABY!!!" One thing I like about it, as opposed to Zamzar or MediaConverter, is they have no size limit on downloads that I can see.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ah, for once, I managed to put together a YTP that's actually racking up the views, even though it's one of those 15 minute ones:

I guess 'cause I actually add surprises to these kind of Poops, rather than just straight-up 15 minutes on in of the exact same thing.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
I enjoy making YTPs, but I don't put them anywhere, because I don't want to get a YouTube account...:embarrassed:

I just leave 'em stored on my hard drive.

I was making this one where Mordecai and Rigby summon Ganon using their Sega Genesis, and then King Harkinian (or however you spell it) comes to help them but has to face Weegee...but my computer overheated and shut down, and Sony Vegas didn't autosave my project. :frown:

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Is there any way to get the Legend of Zelda CD-I cutscenes (a common source of YTP) in extremely high quality? Here's some examples:

I can't find an HD version of them.

AquaGGR

Reaction score

I haven't really got the hang of making YTPMVs, does anybody know how to make them well?

Drtooth

Reaction score
At the risk of sounding like the sour sport and a cry baby... I freaking hate even bothering anymore. It's clearly only to amuse myself at this point, and I'm getting less and less amused by it. I get no appreciation, I see hundreds of pieces of crap even mine are better than getting craploads of hits when I'm lucky to break triple digits, and I don't want to shell out a fortune to get legit video editing software so I can make things into loud epileptic seizures everyone enjoys so much.

I mean, the rest of my life is Sysiphis (however that's spelled. Thanks, spell check!) pushing the boulder up the hill day after day (added a kick in the nuts), why does enjoyable stuff have to be just as hard.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Drtooth said:
I see hundreds of pieces of crap even mine are better than getting craploads of hits when I'm lucky to break triple digits, and I don't want to shell out a fortune to get legit video editing software so I can make things into loud epileptic seizures everyone enjoys so much.
My videos haven't even hit double digits yet.

I don't really like making those flashing and distorted audio stuff unless it ties in to the actual video. That or a creepypasta video.

I've forgotten how to properly use WMM, and I can't make anything viewable in it anymore.

I've been trying to make one of those YTPs that actually have a plot, but creativity isn't coming to me.

Drtooth

Reaction score
My videos haven't even hit double digits yet.
I've been doing this for over 4 years now. My earlier ones actually got a couple thousand views. My new ones, no one bothers with. And frankly, I don't even like most of the old ones I did.

I don't really like making those flashing and distorted audio stuff unless it ties in to the actual video. That or a creepypasta video.
There was this one guy who managed to distort videos so badly, all that was left was some flashing boxes of static. Everything was completely unrecognizable, and the entire thing could have been done in a CGI program. And people liked it for some reason.

Then of course, there are brilliant ones that I totally am envious and would love to have the quality of. WMM sucks terribly. If I even want to do backwards footage, I have to slow down a video at least 3 times and chop up frame by frame and put it in reverse order. Pain in the freaking neck to do.[/quote]

AquaGGR

Reaction score
There's this YTP called "Link and the King in...Tv Dinner", and it was the best one I've seen so far. I really wish I could make one like that. And the guy who made it said it was n00bish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've been doing this for over 4 years now. My earlier ones actually got a couple thousand views. My new ones, no one bothers with. And frankly, I don't even like most of the old ones I did.
That's the way everything is, not just YTPs. In the old days, whenever I uploaded a new Steve D'Monster entry, it easily got nearly a hundred hits and upwards of 5-10 comments within the first 24 hours of uploads... nowadays, it'll barely hit 20 hits and may get 3 stock comments within the first week.
If I even want to do backwards footage, I have to slow down a video at least 3 times and chop up frame by frame and put it in reverse order. Pain in the freaking neck to do.
I've wondered how you managed to reverse video, since it's not a feature on Movie Maker (and I KNOW people have been asking for it for years).