Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

beaker

Reaction score
Is it me or is issue 4 sold out everywhere? Every place that carries the series in my area sold out by the next day. Usually that'd bug me...but it's actually kind of cool to see interest in this.

analeisa

Reaction score
No, I've noticed that issue 4 being sold out too. I can't find it ANYWHERE in my area. :frown: But I am pretty glad people are interested. I have a lot of friends who are casual Muppets fans and they were super excited about issue 4.

Amy

Reaction score
While on the one hand - 'aw gee, people are having trouble finding it, that sucks!', but on the other hand - 'SOLD OUT? Eeeeee, yay!'
:big_grin:

Another C2E2 note - I'll be there with BOOM! kids all weekend, obviously. But along with the special 'Wrigley Field' variant cover, there will also be available Issue #4 as a blank 'sketch cover' - sketched in by me for people who buy it, of course :wink:

So with the sketch cover, Wrigley cover and Roger's A & B covers, there will be FOUR versions of Muppet Show #4 at C2E2. Man, completist overload!

James Denny

Reaction score
"There will also be available Issue #4 as a blank 'sketch cover' - sketched in by me for people who buy it, of course :wink:"

Sounds really cool, I'm not resident in the States so obviously I cant get to Chicago but when I thought about this for about 30 seconds I couldn't get this image out of my head, feel free to use either any Convention go-ers if they appeal.

I like the idea of Piggy and Skeeter getting in each others faces with Kermit and Scooter trying to restrain them with Statler and Waldorf in ' Greek/Roman Godly garb looking down on them . I just think it would work because of Piggy and Skeeter's personalities and it references the first pages of the first issue nicely.

dmoss

Reaction score
Just picked up a Fozzie Cover! Can't wait to get it, and thanks for dedicating a cover to The Bear! :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Listen... I'm glad it's doing well, but frankly, I'm a little annoyed that it sold out so quickly. I had a cold or a severe allergy and coluldn't get out of the house until this weekend. I went to at least 5 stores today alone, and they were all gone. I had a REALLY bad week, and I was kinda looking forward to it. So either I have to ask someone to special order me a copy, or I Have to wait 3 months to find a mangled copy shoved into the comic rack at Boarders.

I really hope somehow the comic chain screwed up like they did last month and get it a week later.

dmoss

Reaction score
Sorry you had such a crummy week, Drtooth! :frown: The comic has to show up online eventually on Amazon or Deep Discount...I don't know when in the world that could be, but they'll be there sometime... :smile:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless they ordered a few issues more, the comic in question actually came out today, as per my suspicion. I was able to snap it up.

And I have to say, Skeeter or no, this was one of Roger's Strongest issues. I think that when he just writes he somehow focuses all his energy into just the story, and everything feels a bit stronger. Combining his wackiness with Amy's wonderful Muppet art (not selling his Muppet art short, I love his work too) made this issue as epic as you'd expect long lost character story lines to be. And not even because of just that.

Now... I will say the ending confused me. Is Family Reunion a full arc, or just a one shot with 3 other short stories into it? The part where it said "The End" confused me right there.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Now... I will say the ending confused me. Is Family Reunion a full arc, or just a one shot with 3 other short stories into it? The part where it said "The End" confused me right there.
I think it's supposed to last three issues, and I think their all supposed to be self-contained, aside form having Skeeter included.

You know, I hope that J.P. Grosse makes an appearance in one of these, interracting with Skeeter. And if not, I hope Skeeter makes the "my uncle owns the theater..." line (though I don't think Scooter has mentioned his uncle in the comic books).

beaker

Reaction score
Unless they ordered a few issues more, the comic in question actually came out today, as per my suspicion. I was able to snap it up.

And I have to say, Skeeter or no, this was one of Roger's Strongest issues. I think that when he just writes he somehow focuses all his energy into just the story, and everything feels a bit stronger. Combining his wackiness with Amy's wonderful Muppet art (not selling his Muppet art short, I love his work too) made this issue as epic as you'd expect long lost character story lines to be. And not even because of just that.

ooh I was wondering why it seemed sold out everywhere! didnt make sense to me