Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Needless to say, I managed to get the last one when I found it. And that was the day of release. I swear Comic book stores don't order enough of these anymore. I Blame the Robin Hood issues that are still falling off the back issue bin.

dmoss

Reaction score
Do you guys tend to buy the paperback copies, or do you pick the issues up as they're released?

I'm just starting to buy them, and bought the first series in paperback form (except for the limited Fozzie cover)... seems like there will be some time to wait in between collections, but I like to have everything uniform, so I'll wait for the paperbacks. :smile:

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Just picked up the latest Muppet Show Comic with Skeeter and I definitely have to agree that this comic was the best one yet! I loved all the small bits. Sam's shakespeare bit was hilarious; Pigs in Space was awesome and having Skeeter coming back was just friggin awesome! I wasn't so sure why Kermit kept calling her Scooter's sister, but the issue as a whole was just fantastic. I definitely cannot wait to see what issue #5 has up its sleeve

I also have to say that I think Amy's depictions of the Muppets is just about perfect! I really enjoy her style because it seems softer than some of the other artists. If I imagined what the Muppets would look like in cartoon version- Amy's drawings are pretty much exactly what I would picture! I especially love that Piggy is a little more curvaceous, kermit's face isn't so jagged and the adult skeeter looks wonderful. Congrats to both Roger and Amy; if you keep churning out comics like this you'll always be on top of it, especially with this Muppet fan! :smile:

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
Do you guys tend to buy the paperback copies, or do you pick the issues up as they're released?

I'm just starting to buy them, and bought the first series in paperback form (except for the limited Fozzie cover)... seems like there will be some time to wait in between collections, but I like to have everything uniform, so I'll wait for the paperbacks. :smile:
I tend to get the paperback copies. Mainly for the fact that I've never had much luck with keeping magazines in one piece and don't want to try my luck with comic books (especially ones that I'd want to keep forever and ever!). :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Just picked up the latest Muppet Show Comic with Skeeter and I definitely have to agree that this comic was the best one yet! I loved all the small bits. Sam's shakespeare bit was hilarious; Pigs in Space was awesome and having Skeeter coming back was just friggin awesome! I wasn't so sure why Kermit kept calling her Scooter's sister, but the issue as a whole was just fantastic. I definitely cannot wait to see what issue #5 has up its sleeve
It seems like there are some odd terms and conditions to her appearance... not being mentioned by name being one of them... also (according to the Roger Langridge interview on TP) the Statler and Waldorf Greek fates thing it supposed to ambiguously imply it may/may not be real. And somehow I understand what they're getting at, as MB is a sensitive subject matter as far as the Muppets are concerned. But I just (and this will be in my review if it gets posted on the mindset) don't see how it's any different from Creepy McBoo or Ninja Rogers as comic book only/illustrated characters.

doctort13

Reaction score
I really enjoy the comics and feel that they capture the spirit of The Muppets. Maybe Roger Langridge could write a future Muppets movie?

analeisa

Reaction score
I finally got my hands on issue 4! I loved it a whole lot. :wink: It's so awesome to have Skeeter back. She's so much fun and her relationship with Scooter is adorable. I was aware that Langridge couldn't call Skeeter by her name because of legal issues but it makes for some weird dialogue when everybody has to say "Scooter's sister".

Aaron Sparrow

Reaction score
Why does everyone assume Skeeter's name isn't mentioned for legal reasons? Just sayin'.

:big_grin:

The "Clash Of The Titans" nod was indeed worked in to give the story a certain ambiguity...but in the end it wasn't necessary, as the great team at the Muppets Studio is really behind the story, and this EISNER AWARD NOMINATED book in particular. They're really the best partners we could have asked for.

Speaking of the Eisners, voting is now open:

http://www.eisnervote.com/

You may not be eligible to vote, but you probably know someone who is! So read the rules and show Roger your love!

-A

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Why does everyone assume Skeeter's name isn't mentioned for legal reasons? Just sayin'.

:big_grin:

The "Clash Of The Titans" nod was indeed worked in to give the story a certain ambiguity...but in the end it wasn't necessary, as the great team at the Muppets Studio is really behind the story, and this EISNER AWARD NOMINATED book in particular. They're really the best partners we could have asked for.

Speaking of the Eisners, voting is now open:

http://www.eisnervote.com/

You may not be eligible to vote, but you probably know someone who is! So read the rules and show Roger your love!

-A
I thought that implied by Amy or someone in the thread? The Muppet Babies characters used to require a different license purchase under Henson ownership, but I'm not sure how that's all handled these days under Disney.