Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

minor muppetz

Reaction score
It just hit me... Somebody fans have been demanding... Could this be maybe.... an adult Skeeter?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Is the cover shown the actual cover for the first "Family Reunion" issue? Because that cover looks like one of the exclusive variant covers for issue #1 (the REAL issue #1, "Kermit's Story").

But I guess we'll find out in a month.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Tough Pigs has a 5-page preview for issue #3: http://www.toughpigs.com/tms3-preview/

It is a bit disapointing that they come back to the theater at the very beginning. It probably would have been better if this were a four-issue storyarc. Then again, regardless the line at the end of The Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson about them traveling to four towns does seem a bit awkward, as we only see them in two towns.

Yay! Louis Kazagger returns! Ah, Thog is drawn without that spikey thing on top of his head (what is that thing, anyway?).

Drtooth

Reaction score
The one thing that I'd feel disappointed about is that it was only a 3 part epic to accommodate the issue zero into a graphic novel. But it looks like that was the wisest choice. I do not see them making a special 5 issue comic reprint graphic novel (too much red tape in that), it would be too tedious and confusing (and unpleasant for the reader) to fit three parts of an arc with the conclusion on the next issue (which would have to repeat the pattern until they run a three part arc anyway to balance things out), or excluding the issue zero from the reprint, leading those who only want (or can get) the graphic novel reprints without issue zero.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Honeslty, when I first saw the B cover I figured they'd return tot he theater at the beginning as opposed to the end. I guess if this were four issues it'd still begin with them back at the theater.I wonder if they'll share memories of being on the road or anything.

It would be great if there'd be more three-issue storyarcs with preceding/following one-shot issues.

Amy

Reaction score
This is only tangentially to do with the comics, but I figure you guys would get a kick out of this.
I was at Emerald City Comic Con this last weekend promoting the Boom! kids comics. I was the Muppet artist in attendance.

I met Karen Prell! Aka RED FRAGGLE(and the Worm and Junk lady in Labyrinth!) She said she was thrilled to see classic Muppets being enjoyed by kids again and she took a copy of Muppet Peter Pan.
I blogged about the experience:
http://amymebberson.blogspot.com

eeeeee, I met a real Muppeteer! OLD-SCHOOL!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Okay... so, Muppet Show on the Road 3 apparently came out today, and I didn't see King Arthur there with it. So am I correct in saying the next issue of Arthur comes out next week?

dwmckim

Reaction score
Well as i posted in another Boom thread, even though all indications (including Boom's website) seemed to indicate TMS #3 came out last week and wasn't pushed back, i didn't find a copy in two different comic shops i checked out (which was the first time i wasn't able to find a copy at one or the other...even if it was the last copy).

However not only was there indeed a copy of TMS #3 on the racks today but there was also Muppet King Arthur #3 as well so it did indeed come out today (as did Farscape Ongoing #5 - which was actually the high point of the trio...i know the Farscape comics don't get hardly any coverage on the Muppet/Henson fansites or discussion boards but dang this thing is such a treat and today's issue had me squeeing all over the place from really cool interior monologues from all Moya's crew except Noranti who wasn't in a state where one could be provided but also the beginning of an arc concerning PILOT'S HOMEWORLD!)

Wildly happy Muppet/Henson fanboy today!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was able to find both, as I stated in another thread...

Not that I didn't like the issue... but somehow, I REALLY wish that they only got to the theater at the very end of the issue, and had at least one more tour of another city/ Plus, I REALLY liked those non-traditional rebus/alphabet type comics that they had with Fozzie in those last 2 issues. It's a shame they didn't have it somewhere in here. Though, the backstory he gave was pretty non-traditional.