Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh.... crap.
Someone leaked something they weren't sposed to.

We really wanted to keep this under wraps until release day.
Ah well. Spoilered now.
Well... honestly I'd've been more surprised had Skeeter not been mentioned in the entire series at all, let me put it that way. But this is the FIRST OFFICIAL Muppet project that features adult Skeeter. Sure, there was the drawing on an obscure kid's meal bag, and a book where she might/might not have actually been drawn in but featured no lines... but this is the first time we've ever seen the real thing really happen. Sure... not in a movie or TV show... but I consider these comics to be major projects, none the less. Now we can stop tedious "what could have been" fan fics dead in their tracks.

But here's some good news - starting with Muppet Show #4, the issues will be on GLOSSY PAPER AGAIN WHOOO!
Any..uh... surprise price increase with that? not that I wouldn't understand of they did... but I want to be prepared. Let's just say I spent like 90% of all the money I'll get this year over the weekend on convention souvenirs.

Amy

Reaction score
Any..uh... surprise price increase with that? not that I wouldn't understand of they did...
Nope. Cover price of $2.99 stays unchanged.

Well... honestly I'd've been more surprised had Skeeter not been mentioned in the entire series at all, let me put it that way.
Well yes, TECHNICALLY I guess BOOM! has everything Muppety Disney owns at their disposal for these comics. But Skeeter, as we know, hasn't been seen for over 20 years and we don't know everything Disney is planning to do with the Muppets, so it's also no surprise that we had to do some extra permission checks first before they gave us the green light.
They could just as easily have said 'no, she's hands-off'.

dmoss

Reaction score
They could just as easily have said 'no, she's hands-off'.
Which, to me, is very encouraging in so many different ways! Thank you guys so much for being brave enough to step-up and make that happen. I know you've made a lot of Muppet Fans very happy, self included. :super:

beaker

Reaction score
Well, Tough Pigs has a preview for the first Family Reunion issue, and now we know who's relative will be featured...
http://www.toughpigs.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/MuppetShow_Ongoing_04_rev_Page_04.jpg

Haha, niiice. I actually missed it...just glanced and didn't notice. Man, I didn't think she'd ever be considered in proper canon! Trippy. (They refuse to use Pepe or modern Muppets in the comic pages)

I like how they made her into an emo hipster nerd:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
But here's some good news - starting with Muppet Show #4, the issues will be on GLOSSY PAPER AGAIN WHOOO!
Yay!

Also, I was sad you and some of the creative team weren't at Wondercon for the Boom Kids booth^__^

beaker

Reaction score
Well... honestly I'd've been more surprised had Skeeter not been mentioned in the entire series at all, let me put it that way. But this is the FIRST OFFICIAL Muppet project that features adult Skeeter. Sure, there was the drawing on an obscure kid's meal bag, and a book where she might/might not have actually been drawn in but featured no lines... but this is the first time we've ever seen the real thing really happen. Sure... not in a movie or TV show... but I consider these comics to be major projects, none the less. Now we can stop tedious "what could have been" fan fics dead in their tracks.

Any..uh... surprise price increase with that? not that I wouldn't understand of they did... but I want to be prepared. Let's just say I spent like 90% of all the money I'll get this year over the weekend on convention souvenirs.
Skeeter was featured in stuff other than Muppet Babies/Muppet Teen books/cartoon?

It's funny, since 1998 on here there was always this "is Skeeter canon or not" debate, people debating whether Skeeter should exist in proper canon. I always thought that while Muppet Babies is not canon, that the character of Skeeter should be introduced into the Muppet universe via tv or movies/specials

Also, given I RARELY buy comics these days(cept mostly underground and indie stuff) I honestly would rather have a quarter or two increase and have nice glossy paper than the 1970's paper stuff.

Finally, you finally went to a convention? Sweet! Which one?

beaker

Reaction score
Which, to me, is very encouraging in so many different ways! Thank you guys so much for being brave enough to step-up and make that happen. I know you've made a lot of Muppet Fans very happy, self included. :super:
Next step: Pepe, Digit, Carl, Zondra, Waldo, Leon, Lindburgh, Chip, Johnny and Sal^__^

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Next step: Pepe, Digit, Carl, Zondra, Waldo, Leon, Lindburgh, Chip, Johnny and Sal^__^
And don't forget Seymour, Dr. Phil van Neuter, Mulch, Lips, Fletcherbird, Nigel (the director from Muppets Tonight), The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, Zippety Zap, Marvin Suggs, Doglion, Timmy, Gaffer, Vicki, Flash, Beard, Ubu...

Beauregard

Reaction score
And don't forget Seymour, Dr. Phil van Neuter, Mulch, Lips, Fletcherbird, Nigel (the director from Muppets Tonight), The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband, Zippety Zap, Marvin Suggs, Doglion, Timmy, Gaffer, Vicki, Flash, Beard, Ubu...
Good lord...Give the girl a chance!

Drtooth

Reaction score
It's funny, since 1998 on here there was always this "is Skeeter canon or not" debate, people debating whether Skeeter should exist in proper canon. I always thought that while Muppet Babies is not canon, that the character of Skeeter should be introduced into the Muppet universe via tv or movies/specials
I need to sit down one day and write an editorial on Muppet Canon. I never ever ever considered there was any attempt at a canon... as I say, the Stuff in The Muppet Movie contradicts the stuff in the Muppet Show, Muppets Take Manhattan contradicts the stuff in The Muppet Movie, The Muppet Show contradicts the stuff in both, and Muppet Babies doesn't make sense and POW... there the Muppet Babies in Muppet Family Christmas.

There is no Muppet Canon. Fraggle Rock is the only one of the main 3 projects that attempts to have a time line. Even Sesame Street is notorious for mucking up canon. Is Cookie Monster's real name Sid because it was in a song? Is Sesame Beginnings canon? Even though the episode never aired, are Snuffy's parents really divorced? How come the characters never have a consistent bunch of parents, and the books invent them? You could really go crazy trying to figure out what true canon is.