Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

dmoss

Reaction score
So, could someone help me figure out in what order the comics are to be read? I've seen so many different covers, it makes my head spin! I want to get them, but I don't know which one to get first! :smile:

haakonsmary

Reaction score
So, could someone help me figure out in what order the comics are to be read? I've seen so many different covers, it makes my head spin! I want to get them, but I don't know which one to get first! :smile:
Ok, here are the first four issues of the original mini-series before the renumbering started. (The web site has made an error and listed #5 and #6 of the new series with the old series, so just ignore those for now. Just look at the first four covers, those are the ones to read first.)

Then here is the next batch to read. Start with #0.

Hope this helps.

Amy

Reaction score
The easiest way to start from scratch and keep in chronological is to read them in trade paperback form. The first 4 issues are covered in Meet the Muppets. The next story is the Treasure of Peg-Leg Wilson, again now easily available in a trade collection
The next trade - which will be probably out in the next month or so, will collect the Pigs in Space one-shot along with the next 3 issues ("On the Road").
The next story arc after that is 'Family Reunion', which will be numbered as Muppet Show Comic Book #6 and be out mid-April.

dmoss

Reaction score
Thanks so much, guys! This has been troubling me since I found out the comics existed, and I just couldn't figure out their order! Can't wait to grab up Meet the Muppets, and get caught up! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
They had a big Boom Kids booth at Wondercon, with all the Muppet titles and such. Tho sadly none of the artists. They did have a big Fraggle Rock booth with all the artists and writers at the archaea booth tho! I just usually wait for the TPB now as I prefer slick glossy paper over the garbage paper they switched too.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, Tough Pigs has a preview for the first Family Reunion issue, and now we know who's relative will be featured...

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well, Tough Pigs has a preview for the first Family Reunion issue, and now we know who's relative will be featured...
Seeing such a preview make me want to call out both Disney and JHC for holding us out like that :mad:

I mean it was such a surprise to see a preview such as this it makes me wonder how the creative team pulled it off ? :concern:

Amy

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh.... crap.
Someone leaked something they weren't sposed to.

We really wanted to keep this under wraps until release day.
Ah well. Spoilered now.

But here's some good news - starting with Muppet Show #4, the issues will be on GLOSSY PAPER AGAIN WHOOO!

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh.... crap.

We really wanted to keep this under wraps until release day.
Ah well. Spoilered now.

But here's some good news - starting with Muppet Show #4, the issues will be on GLOSSY PAPER AGAIN WHOOO!
I do apologize if I spilled the news earlier than it was supposed. :embarrassed:

It just that I was surprised by the preview. I didn't mean the spoil it early. :sympathy:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ahhhhhh.... crap.
It's alright! I honestly think that the added hype before release will only give people enough warning to pre-order! I have to say it WAS a shock to see it and I loooooved it!