Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

Drtooth

Reaction score
There's one nice subtlety that the writing added. This book is supposed to take place around the confines of The Muppet Show, so it seems that no one in the muppet cast has actually met Andy and Randy yet, and Kermit only seems to know how terrible they are from Piggy's memories. Had it taken place after Muppets Tonight, I'm sure they would have been a LOT more acquainted with how clumsy and stupid they really are.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's one nice subtlety that the writing added. This book is supposed to take place around the confines of The Muppet Show, so it seems that no one in the muppet cast has actually met Andy and Randy yet, and Kermit only seems to know how terrible they are from Piggy's memories. Had it taken place after Muppets Tonight, I'm sure they would have been a LOT more acquainted with how clumsy and stupid they really are.
With the exceptions of Piggy and Sam, have any of the other classic Muppet Show characters ever even interracted with Andy and Randy? Seems like they only interracted with other newer characters on Muppets Tonight (in addition to Clifford, the guest stars and above-mentioned characters, of course). Of course Kermit and Andy were both performed by Steve Whitmire (I say "were" because the Andy and Randy puppets haven't been used in a long time) so the chances of them interracting are unlikely.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I finally got #5 of the series and it was worth it as the boys annoyed :mad: to no end.

Even Skeeter got involved in annoying Piggy by using the boys to pull a fast on her divaness.

The ending was worth it as seeing Piggy defeated was funny.

If Skeeter's involved in the next two issues, which I think would focus on Robin and Fozzie's mom, then I would fully enjoy this story arc to it's full potential.

Beauregard

Reaction score
If Skeeter's involved in the next two issues, which I think would focus on Robin and Fozzie's mom, then I would fully enjoy this story arc to it's full potential.
I love how this story sounds like Robin and Fozzie's mum are the same person...Fozzie and Kermit's dad from MTM anyone? Hehe. Just kidding.

ZeppoAndFriends

Reaction score
I love how this story sounds like Robin and Fozzie's mum are the same person...Fozzie and Kermit's dad from MTM anyone? Hehe. Just kidding.
I would hope you were kidding, especially since that was from GMC, not MTM. :wink:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I thought it was great having Andy and Randy Pig make an appearance! Sure they get annoying- but that's part of their character. I just think they're funny. We've had Skeeter and Andy and Randy Pig so far. There's two more issues in the Family Reunion arc. It seems that it would make sense to deal with Kermit and his nephew Robin and another one with Fozzie and his mom. Those are the only other relatives I can think of that we've been introduced to in some form before. I don't think I'd really want some unintroduced character to just show up. (i.e. let's randomly have Dr. Teeth's grandma visit or something...)
I don't know if this would really happen, but maybe Family Reunion could have a broader meaning in one sense. If the title's referring to the Henson family of characters in general, that could open up all kinds of possibilities. Like I said, I don't know if this would or even could happen- but wouldn't it be neat to have some crossovers for The Muppet Show gang with denizens of Sesame Street perhaps or even Fraggle Rock?
:smile::wisdom::excited:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I just got the second issue of Family Reunion, and one thing I'm wondering: Is the patient in this issue's "Veterinarian's Hospital" sketch supposed to be the Snake Frackle? He looks a bit like him, but also looks like it could just be a green whatnot. Even if it was meant to be him I wonder if the script referred to him as "Snake Frackle" or some other name (in case Langridge doesn't know what he's called).

Also, relating to the last issue of On the Road, I noticed that for the closing number we finally see the orchestra... Except the band is in thier regular outfits instead of their purple tuxes, the pit includes Dr. Teeth instead of Rowlf (who plays the piano on-stage), and the orchestra as seen in that issue does not include Nigel, Trumpet Girl, or Lips (I can excuse Crazy Harry not being there to play triangle).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just thought of another long-lost relative who could appear in the "Family Reunion" storyarc: Fozzie's uncle who left him his studebaker! I guess he probably won't appear in it, but it wpould be great to actually finally see that uncle, who was only mentioned in one production.

dwmckim

Reaction score
...or how about Fozzie's identical cousin, only seen in the Ethel Merman episode?

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I don't guess we'd see the ghost of Uncle J.P. Grosse or anything by chance? That could be interesting. (And it depends on when this is set- if it's before "It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie", then I'm guessing he wouldn't be dead yet.):wink: