Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Rosewood

Reaction score
I don't mind these kinds of parodys so much.......

BEAR said:
I didn't mind Oscar's version of the song too much. Atleast he made reference to Kermit as sort of a tribute to him. We all know it's Kermit's song to begin with but the song speaks on so many levels that it can play to anyone's life questioning. Oscar just made it to suit himself. It was still different in my opinion. It's not like the sharing song that was first done by Ernie and Cookie (who are still around) and do the exact same scene, pretty much the same script and all, with Zoe and Elmo, or Elmo and Ernie. Why not use Ernie and Cookie again. I don't really get it either. Oh that Sesame Workshop. They are so silly.:
Actually I didn't mind the way Oscar sang that classic song so too much either. Like Bear said, the words were changed enough that it almost made it a different song, just with the same tune (kind of like ABC"s, "Twinkle, twinkle, little star", and "Baa, baa black sheep"). And at least they had a "seasoned" character sing it. Like Kermit, Oscar has been with the show since day one, and, now that Kermit is gone, I believe he is now the only actual "Green" main character left. It would be nice to see Kermit sing again, though.
I also liked the way they gave Ernie the role to sing "Somebody come and play" instead of a "newer" character. I liked the butterfly's roll as well. That was cute. But, again, I would still prefere to see the old animal films that originally went with that song, especially since they have been re-enhanced.

Just a reminder, the letter to send SW regarding this subject has now been completed, and the three threads regarding this are now merged together as one (Thanks again, Fozzie!). This should make it easier to find.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
for a while there I thought it was funny to see SG down on his luck. he never really was a super hero anyways. To bad Super chicken gave in to his urges. funny how Gabby & Miles called Oscar Beautiful. hated Oscar's version of being green. a good example of what Rosewood pointed out.
I like when they taunt oscar they way ;even thow I'm they wernt trying to.:smile:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I was watching today's episode and they showed a cartoons with a farmer singing the 3 song that goees 123 123 123 count. remember that was a Joe Raposo tuneoriginally used in a film. gosh I hate it when thay do that!

Drtooth

Reaction score
I wasn't paying attention... I just saw both "New" episodes yesterday. Didn't know they were around for a month. Just goes to show how bad this idea was.

I am elated I saw Desperate Houseplants. Now I can stop complaining. Only, I would have changed 2 things... firstly, I'd have had a female V.O., and then secondly, I'd change the music. You know, so it would be more like the show. But all and all, worth a wait. Not a 7 month wait, but still... they finally showed it.

alizakaila

Reaction score
on PBS NY -- WNET
The Adventures of Little Big Bird
Part 1of two. Big Bird becomes little because of a trick by Mumford; at first, he enjoys the new experience, but soon wants to be big again.

BEAR

Reaction score
alizakaila said:
on PBS NY -- WNET
The Adventures of Little Big Bird
Part 1of two. Big Bird becomes little because of a trick by Mumford; at first, he enjoys the new experience, but soon wants to be big again.

Yes, but the question we've all been waiting to hear answer for is when is it finally going to air?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
12/29/2005

This is the official date of the season finally, so mark your calenders as Grover did it the story where he was marking down the day's until his uncle came to visit.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I remember that story. That's always a good idea when you want to remember something.

However, I wonder if it's different for my local station. I just checked the listings at "Yahoo!" and they say that ep will start on the 29th, but they don't list an episode for the 28th. I worry that if I watch it on the 29th, I might see part 2 and miss part 1. I'd better pay attention to both days just in case.