Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 36

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I checked at tvguide.com and the new episode are dated on the 29th, and the 30th.

tinweirdo

Reaction score
have you heard about the "sesame beginnings" dvd out in march. Big Bird, Elmo, Cookie monster and Prerie Dawn as babies! I am intreged!

tinweirdo

Reaction score
THey have website and show a quicktime commercial about it, so check it out it looks wonderful!

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Okay, back to the "Little Big Bird" episodes. I looked at the information for that on the Sesame Workshop website. Something else that will probably appear during this series is a new "Journey to Bert" segment. That's been mentioned before, but up until now nothing official had been stated. I read at the website that it would appear on season 36 and considering that these are the only two eps left, they'll probably show that on the "Little Big Bird" series. Just thought I'd bring that up.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I just saw it. Unfortunately, the "Journey to Bert" thing will probably be on tomorrow's show which makes sense. I guess they have to wait until Big Bird becomes big again to do that.

As for the show itself. Pretty good, I guess. It was good to see Mumford again. Though I don't think he actually wore his hat before. It has been pretty common to see his tricks backfire, like they did today. Also, it was good that Snuffy made an appearance considering he's been absent for half this season. I hope he's not too mad that Big Bird had to break his play date. I guess we won't meet Mike the Ladybug until tomorrow. So, we leave Big Bird trying to get to Gordon and Alan's chess table. I guess he spent the whole hour that the show was on trying to get up there. They did have an ending seen where Big Bird mentioned that he was still pretty much where he was, the letter and number of the day. Not much else happened there other than a voice over telling us to stay tuned for the next ep. I'm guessing it was the same announcer for "Journey to Ernie."

About the rest of the show. I just glanced through it. I liked Prarie Dawn's nursery rhyme theater with "Jack be Nimble." I don't know if that was new or not. I also got to see "Things I Remember." I've been wanting to see that since I read the lyrics. I've noticed how different Jim's and Steve's Ernie really were when I saw that. Well, I have some things to do now. So I guess I'll post more later on.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK... Time for some last thoughts.

Episode 4107: Little Big Bird, Part 1.
First of all, Mumford was indeed voiced by Jerry Nelson. He was trying to turn a letter M into a small letter m. The trick backfired and he walked away. The effect changed Big Bird from big to little. Of note is that when the trick started, the humans asked Big Bird to please stand behind them so everyone could see the trick being done. This is important because when Big Bird was normal-sized, his voice was that of Caroll Spinney; but when he was little, Matt Vogil provided the voice instead.
As I said in another thread, there was no appearance by Mike the Ladybug, but an ant did appear after "Little" Big Bird's song. When he was upset that he couldn't play with Snuffy or that Snuffy couldn't hear him, BB moved on to get to Gordon and Alan to get him to Mumford which'll happen in tomorrow's episode.

Other Highlights.
1 Song: It's a Long Hard Road.
2 Letter of the Day: M with Prairie and Cookie Monster. At least this time they matched up the letter of the day with the letter featured in the street episode.
3 Bert and Ernie Song: Things I Remember.
4 An animated segment/song about writing a letter M and m, reminded of the Letters in the Sand segments of old.
5 The parody of 24. The good thing is we got the traditional musical intro of the Count in his castle. Basically, it was a show that took place within 24 seconds while the Count counted the seconds.
6 Number of the Day: 20. Good, cause we got the whole song and I liked the ending.
7 Hotel Bellhop: 20 Grapefruits.
8 Numbers popping out of the ground up to 20.
9 Global Grover: Peacock Dance, from Season 35's premiere.
10 Elmo's World: Up and Down.
11 Spanish Word: Musica. Rosita and Miles playing guitars as a sort of dueling musicians bit.
12 Nursery Rhyme News: Jack Be Nimble interviewed by Prairie, she finds out he has no energy to jump over the candlestick. After breakfast from his mom, he wants to jump over two candlesticks. Since there's only the one, he changes the rhyme and jumps over Prairie. Nice to see they're keeping Kermit's spirit alive by giving these situations to Praire as the new roving reporter.

Lowpoints.
1 Remake of Everybody's Song. And what with Elmo going "snap, snap, snap" or other inserts like that... Just made it unwatchable.
Why can't we get the original versions of songs any more?
2 No Trash Gordon. The ending was Little Big Bird giving us the letter and number of the day.
Narrator then said to tune in to tomorrow's episode to find out what'll happen.

Hope this helps, and have a good day.