Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

Cheebo

Reaction score
Where do you get the idea it will be cancelled? Carol Spinney said Season 33 & 34's ratings were 31% higher than they have been in years. SS is getting larger and better. Not even near being cancelled.

ssetta

Reaction score
Exactly. They don't like the show the way it used to be, because that old format wasn't doing well anymore. They like it exactly the way it is now. I have mentioned this before.

But on Noggin, today, I saw a clip that I had not seen in years in a show from Season 31. Anyone remember "Zig Zag Dance?"

Erine81981

Reaction score
I might of seen it back then. Can you discrabe it for me?

ssetta

Reaction score
We see 5 columns with Zs on top. 4 anything muppets come running holding Z signs.

Come on guys! I'm gonna teach you this dance!

Now we're gonna do a dance
That's bound to be a new sensation
Before very long
They'll be doing it across the nation
Hold on to your seats (oh, yeah)
I'm warning you in advance
'Cause it's the Zany, Zesty, Zippy, Zingy, Zig Zag dance

It goes Zzz-zzz-zzz Zig Zag
It goes Zzz-zzz-zzz Zig Zag
You just turn and turn, and then turn again
You just turn and turn, and then turn again

Zzz-zzz-zzz Zig Zag
Zzz-zzz-zzz Zig Zag
That's the way that you
Can also learn to do
The Zany Zesty Zippy Zingy Zig Zag Dance

It goes Zzz-zzz Zig Zag
It goes Zzz-zzz Zig Zag
That's the way that you
Can also learn to do
The Zany Zesty Zippy Zingy Zig Zag Dance

Zig Zag!!!!!

SillyRed

Reaction score
Did u know the Might Mighty Bosstones version appears on Elmopalooza?

Erine81981

Reaction score
Ok Yea. I remeber now. I forgot. I thought it was that one but couldn't tell. Yea I stated to download that one by the mighty bosstones but it didn't work.

ssetta

Reaction score
You don't need to bother. THey're never as good as the original. Wait until you hear that awful version of "Nearly Missed" by Rosie O'Donnell and Elmo.

Hays

Reaction score
I like Rosie O'Donnel, but I have to agree with Ssetta on that one. The Elmopalooza video & CD could have been much better.

Why, oh, why, didn't they use the Aaron Neville "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon?" It's not that I don't like the version they used, just that the other one is better.

If you're into celebrities, I like the "Put Down the Duckie" video - of course, the celebrities are kinda old.

ssetta

Reaction score
It wasn't really songs that were done on the show. Well, they were old songs from the show done by celebrities. But those actual appearances weren't on the show. Also, if you listen to the Aaron Neville version of "I Don't Want To Live On The Moon," what they did was they took the original recording, and Aaron just sang with it. When Shawn Colvin did it, they re-recorded it. Actually, that song was done on the primere episode of this season. Bob, Rosita, and Telly sang it. It sure sounded like the original music track. And it was quite appropriate. It's beautiful, and it's just right for that song.