Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 34

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, I did see the classic V animation segment included in this episode. Have to say that I'm disliking the bit with the hippos and pigs after the Number of the Day is announced though. I can just imagine the classic animated counting circus ringmaster calling the announcer of those hippo and pig clips a rank amateur. Let a professional teach you how it's done: "13 hydroplaning hippopotami heft their heavy bodies to new heights."
If you see it during the weekend repeats, please remember to jot down the name of this chicken character who appeared during the segment with Elmo and Wayne Brady. Thanks for your help and have a good day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks, SillyRed, but what was that character's last name? If you remember it, please post it here to help my ever-growing Muppet Listing. Thanks for your help and have a good weekend.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
The full name of the giant, rock-and-roll, dancing chicken is Giblets Von Chickanoff.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for answering my question MuppetDude! Though I haven't been here for a while due to the clutter with all the links in the new viewing format for the forum, I appreciate that you came up with the info I needed to add this character to my listings. Thanks again and have a good weekend.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I liked season 34 better than season 33. Season 34 had better story lines, and that season finale of Baby Bear's new baby sister was superb! Adding Global Grover, and getting rid of the box in Journey to Ernie was a better idea. All in all it was good, except lack of new Elmo's Worlds this year, and stuffing Telly, Zoe, and Baby Bear down our throats.

senderoff

Reaction score
2nd generation SS watcher

Hey all,
If anyone is trolling for suggestions, my wife and I have one. If Sesame Street needs to repeat every so often (i.e. every other day), why not go back to the first few thousand episodes? I would love to sit down and watch Sesame Street the way I saw it as a kid, with my own kids.

It is nice that some of the skits survive, like the "Alligator King to his seven sons," but how does anyone know what Hooper's Store is about without ever seeing an old episode with the man himself?

One more reiteration of what seems to be a common gripe......

Repetious!!!!!!!! Formulaic!!!!!!!!!!! Too much Elmo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring back Kermit, give Bert and Ernie some more room besides that "Journey to Ernie!!
(which is awful), the human characters seem to be way in the background, uhmmmmmm....... Grover used to be the funniest character, now he is scarce......that Bear, ugh........... hee hee, that was more griping than I intended.

I will say thanks for the Sesame Street live, I went a few weeks ago and had fun.

o.k. then, bye all.......

ssetta

Reaction score
I agree, and so do most people here on Muppet Central. But, unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to save the old SS. We tried a petition, and I even spoke to the people at the network.

See, this digital cable channel called Noggin (I don't know if you're familiar with it) used to have this thing called "Sesame Street Unpaved." It was shown during the wee hours, and it was like a "best of" series. They had 65 shows from 1969-1989. But when they revamped the channel to "Noggin & The N" (The N is a separate block for older kids), they decided that it didn't really go with their channel anymore. I wish we could do something, but we can't.

bats1972

Reaction score
I agree whole-heartedly. My son willbe two in December. He loves Sesame Street but I would love to watch some of the old ones with him. As well as see them myself.

Every now and then I look on Ebay to see if anyone has some episodes on tape. Rarely do I find any. :stick_out_tongue:

ssetta

Reaction score
You know, many of us here on Muppet Central do.