Your Thoughts: New Smilies

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
EEEEEE! I love them, I love them, I'm so excited to finally have this one: :insatiable: I have been wanting one like that forever! I love :super: and I'm pretty sure the Count will be excited to have one that represents his namesake. :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Huh? Will I? What's the rundown of these new smilies? And how come I'm the last to know about these things though I'm part of the staff?
Will these questions ever be answered? Tune in next time...

Same MC-time, same MC-channel.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
The new ones Ed are Big Bird for wisdom, Cookie Monster for insatiable, Super Grover for super, Sherlock Hemlock for search, The Count for batty, a Doozer for busy and some sort of bird I'm not sure who he is (not up on my Dark Crystal and Labrynth characters I guess) for scary.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Beth! My guess is that's a Skexus. Wonder what the one about space was. If I could use smilies, you know who would be placed here.
Thank you Jamie.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Beth! My guess is that's a Skexus. Wonder what the one about space was. If I could use smilies, you know who would be placed here.
Thank you Jamie.
Yup, it's a Skeksis. Glad you guys enjoy these. Before I share this one I have to state that there's no way to include it. I'm just showing it to you for fun or if you want to grab it for your own use. This was the wild card of the bunch. I was told to pitch 7-8 smilies and this was 8. I really do like him, but there is not really a need for this one: Johnny Fiama (eyebrow raised) skeptical.

My personal two faves are the Skeksis and Sherlock. Also note that Pepe, Rizzo, Gonzo and Harry have been slightly shined-up. It appears these are now locked-in. There are characters I would have liked, but there's limited space and limited options for emotions that can be conveyed through a tiny smilie. :insatiable:

EDIT: I had one for Boober, but his emotion wasn't needed as Gobo represents that. It snowballs after that into changing Gobo then adding Mokey and so on. Boober's my favorite Fraggle and one of my favorite Muppets. I thought long and hard about including him years ago and revisited that choice again. He just didn't make the cut. :cry:

Skye

Reaction score
Yay, this is so cool! And it's so hard to pick a favorite of these newbies. I think I'll go :batty: as my fave, followed very closely by :insatiable: and :wisdom: and Grover and... well, all the rest of 'em! I'm very impressed, they're really great! Thank you again, Jamie! They're awesome!

And Kuriboh Man, to answer your question, "insatiable" means never being satisfied, or always wanting more. I hope that helps!