Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Okay, I got a taste of Snowth's comment/question regarding saved text from previous posting attempts as the text from a post I decided not to post showed up when I came to post here now.

From viewing a couple member profiles, a person's Favorite Henson Film and TV Show have both been shorted to just abbreviations, which I don't mind since we're all familiar with such from long-time membership on these forums. Thing is, I thought Sesame Street was to be shortened to SST because Sesame Workshop disagreed with the SS form because it could be mistaken for Nazi-ish Secret Service? :confused:
You might want to quickly correct that Phil.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I've been sitting here trying to figure out why the other forum im on doesn't hurt my eyes nearly as bad as this one and i think i've figured it out.

on the other forum things are a lot smaller. Smaller fonts, less padding around things, and it doesnt show avatars on the main page next to recent posts. also imo the round avatars clash with the overall blocky aesthetic the rest of the forum has.

most of my issues though are down to my personal eyesight problems. it just happens this particular forum layout seems to include pretty much everything that bothers my eyes. It's not a forum problem, it's a me problem.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I think my eyes have already adjusted lol -- short messages are fine, but when I have to dig into a response (like yours), that's when I start feeling the effects.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as that goes, I think it's us having to adjust that the overall forum is wider now than it used to be - and that's not necessarily a bad thing, particularly if you have a large monitor, and/or a wide resolution, as I'm sure plenty of people out there do. Again, I keep my resolution on 1024x768, simply because I hate widescreen, but I've browsed MC on other computers before in the past that had larger/wider resolutions (like library or other public computers), and with how narrow the forum used to be, it was quite a funky thing to see a skinny forum body sandwiched inbetween two large empty black spaces. This much, I don't mind at all, but again, I do still believe if we changed the background color of the page to black, or even the same shade of slate-ish blue the header and footer are in instead of this light gray, that would certainly be an improvement.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Will the main site ever be upgraded? We've seen what, two forum upgrades yet that still reeks of 1999.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as that goes, I think it's us having to adjust that the overall forum is wider now than it used to be - and that's not necessarily a bad thing, particularly if you have a large monitor, and/or a wide resolution, as I'm sure plenty of people out there do. Again, I keep my resolution on 1024x768, simply because I hate widescreen, but I've browsed MC on other computers before in the past that had larger/wider resolutions (like library or other public computers), and with how narrow the forum used to be, it was quite a funky thing to see a skinny forum body sandwiched inbetween two large empty black spaces. This much, I don't mind at all, but again, I do still believe if we changed the background color of the page to black, or even the same shade of slate-ish blue the header and footer are in instead of this light gray, that would certainly be an improvement.
I just adjusted my resolution to 1600x900 just to see what the forum looks like on a widescreen resolution, and that much, I will say, looks a whole lot better on a widescreen monitor than the previous versions of the forum. In fact, the whole forum looks better on a widescreen resolution than it does 1024x768.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Seems to be the general consensus of the new forum.