Your Thoughts: New Muppet Central Forum Features

Old Thunder

Reaction score
Perhaps changing the background to the black that we had before would help?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Or even the shade of blue the header is would work as well. Just something to bring down the overt brightness of the new layout.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
In addition to displaying alerts in the favicon in the browser tab, I also see that whenever I'm on my Google Chrome homepage, that my MC bookmark also displays alerts as well, so that's really nice.

Also, @Phillip, quick question: do we still have the feature of saving drafts of our posts in case something were to interrupt us in the middle of excessive typing (such as a browser crash, among other things), so that we won't lose what we previously typed before being posted?

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, @Phillip, quick question: do we still have the feature of saving drafts of our posts in case something were to interrupt us in the middle of excessive typing (such as a browser crash, among other things), so that we won't lose what we previously typed before being posted?
Yes, that's correct. If it doesn't work as expected, please let me know.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My only quibble, and it's incredibly minor, is that I don't particularly care for the gray background color - it just makes the entire forum seem a tad too bright and high contrast - but, again, that could be me still being used to the black background color on the old forum.
mmmm...was really hoping it wouldn't become this layout. I'm on another forum with this layout and i can't say i like it. it's actually really hard on my eyes. but im not really active much so whatever i guess
Thank you both for the feedback. Let me see if we can improve this for you.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm sorry to say this, but I don't really like this; it feels less "homey". Like Floyd said, another site I'm on recently transitioned to this, but their software was outdated.

It feels just very boring and lost its Muppet charm, but what do I know; based on Phil's laundry list of new features, it was probably necesary.

I feel like we're kind of being babies, but it's also hard on my eyes lol; I'm assuming we'll be able to change the theme?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unlike other forums, MC never had custom themes that you could change in your own personal account settings.

But when you put it that way, I believe that actually sums up the new layout: it seems rather cold and impersonal compared to the previous incarnation of the forum . . . but again, I think it's just something we will all have to get used to eventually.