Your Thoughts: Muppets Haunted Mansion on Disney+

What did you think of Muppets Haunted Mansion?

• Absolutely positively! The special was great!

• Bork bork! The special was good.

• Mee mee. The special was so-so.

• You're all weirdos! The special was disappointing.

Results are only viewable after voting.

DMHFan

Reaction score
I thought this special was good.

I was surprised to see Johnny and Sal making appearances.

Muzzarino

Reaction score
On the song about the funeral of Gonzo and Pepe, where the two frackles "Mo" and "J.G." take them down to the dark, then raise back up to the coffins with red smoke, there is a grunt sound effect that was originally heard from the Hailfire Peaks (the ice side) where the Biggyfoots kick Banjo and/or Kazooie on Banjo Tooie.

rexcrk

Reaction score
I liked it! It was definitely better than Muppets Now, but I’d still rank the 2011 movie, Most Wanted, and (especially) the 2015 show above it.

As a ‘90s fan, I was definitely missing the Rizzo and Gonzo pair. I know there’s nothing that can really be done about it outside of recasting Rizzo, but even then it won’t be the same.

Pepe’s great though so I didn’t mind him being in that role at all.

And of course, it was awesome that Brian came back to perform Sal, I always loved the dynamic of him and Johnny, so hopefully, he’ll come back for that more often.

But yeah overall this was a good special. I just didn’t like how “cheap” it often felt. Seemed a little too heavy on the CG for backgrounds and such.

rexcrk

Reaction score
So... I was already planning on this, but after watching the special I'm definitely getting it on DVD to add to my Nights of Halloween library.
I definitely don’t want to be a downer, but I wouldn’t count on this getting any kind of physical release unfortunately.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Eh, I can opt to get it either through its own commercial availability or through tape traders, same difference.

Now to look forward to next year's de-boo of Hocus Pocus 2. :scary: :fanatic: :batty:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Quick question, in what order were Link, Strangepork, and Poogy seen stacked as The Quicksand Men in the Stretching Portrait chamber?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks Shane. That helps determine what Muppet is which of the trio of Hobbs as the Quicksand Men were named in the Slave Labor Graphic comics. :big_grin:

Another quick question. We have :news: as the Aging Man, Yolanda as Medusa, Dr. Phil van Neuter as the Black Prince, and Annie Sue and Gaffer as the Werecat Lady.
Was, and if so, how was the Flying Dutchman represented with these other Changing Portraits?