Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
Eh

It wasent the best thing thr JHC has put out, but it was good (But it had the voice of the dog that I cant stand, she seems to play alot of diffrent caracters now rugrats, Clifford, Barbie repunzle it sounds like a chain smoker and my little sisters of cource watch all of these and it drives me nuts!!!) but it was funny in a kid sorta way :smile: :wink:

crazy ernie

Reaction score
Originally posted by WiGgY
And what was with the Wizard of Oz references through the whole thing.
Wizard of Oz was the first movie that Jim Henson saw

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp Years

I know this is old news, but I just really have to vent right now. Why and How does Kermit the Swamp Years suck so much? The SFX was terrible, the story was a snoozer, the characters nothing special, and it was aimed at kids! Thats not the way it works. I love the Muppets but I'm sick of them sucking do-nuts! Also, since I'm on this rave, am I crazy or should they have NOT made Gonzo an alien. Why do all the new muppet movies dissapoint and frustrate?

:boo: :boo: :boo:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
*cowers* I think it was to introduce a new generation of kids to the muppets....and I kinda liked it.....not as much as VMX!!!! but It wasn't horrible...that's a harsh word

*dodges muffins*

Beauregard

Reaction score
Wrog, horrile is too light a word to give the film. It was detestable, unwatchable, sick, sad, stupid, the puppets looked aufull, the actors (apart from Mary), where so un hip it is a surprise their bums didn't fall off, sorry but it was not good.

jediX

Reaction score
Meh, the punk version of Rainbow Connection at the end by Me First & The Gimme Gimmes was pretty neat (that band rocks lol).

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, but that is the only good of the whole darn thing.

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
I was going to get the DVD of swamp years to complete my collection of Australian muppet dvds available in Australia which currently stands that at 3 including swamp years. I am thinking twice whether to get the DVD now, is it that bad?

the trailer I saw of it didnt look that great but I will get it anyway I think.

from,
Paul :smile:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here are the reviews from last year...

http://www.muppetcentral.com/articles/reviews/tv-film/ksy.shtml

My opinion is that sometimes we can make the mistake of thinking of this as a Muppet movie (like the first film or Caper) when it really isn't a "movie" at all. It's a direct-to-video release like Muppet Classic Theater not a full-length feature film. I think we all agree it could have been better, but expecting a full-blown Muppet movie may not be the best approach since it is not really accurate.

Beauregard

Reaction score
In my opinion it is worth getting for the sake of it, but brepare to be dissapointed.