Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Or get it beacuse it got some pretty good extras on it.

jediX

Reaction score
Good point there; I enjoyed the extras more than the actual film, even though I got a kick out of seeing "Jim" as a child :smile:

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
I thought the movie was good. No, It wasn't Excellent, but It wasn't horrible. I wished they had more origanal songs and Gonzo.

Sir Didymus

WiGgY

Reaction score
One thing it was missing was Muppets! The Pet Shop scene was the only place we really saw a lot of muppets. The rest of the movie lacked the.

Here is a list of places child versions of classic muppets would have fit in, without even needing lines:

1. When Kermit visits the farm and sees the pig. Piggy could have been shown, in a pen that Kermit runs past, sitting in a puddle of mud looking disgusted while in a pink dress with that bow in her hair. Easily could have been done, no lines needed.

2. Rowlf could have been in the pet shop in a window.

3. Rizzo could have been a rat meant for being fed to the snake in the pet shop, but escapes.

4. Fozzie could have been seen on the side of the rode watching that truck go by or something.

those are the only 4 I have right now, but there are plenty of places to add in Muppet Cameos who don't have to add to the story, thus messing with the time line, but just be there to add more muppetness to the movie.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yeah, but then people would start calling it Muppet Babies!!! On top of which there would have been complaints and stupid people saying "But how come they just 'happened' to be there?"

Also you have to remember that the make up to make them young would have cost a lot!!!

But what I ask are, WHY was Pilgrim not a Muppet Puppet? I mean it is as though they are hardly any Muppet puppet animals till they learn to speak.

And what was that Rawlf thing with the shop keeper?

The only good thing was Jim as a kid and Mary.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
But what I ask are, WHY was Pilgrim not a Muppet Puppet? I mean it is as though they are hardly any Muppet puppet animals till they learn to speak.

And what was that Rawlf thing with the shop keeper?

The only good thing was Jim as a kid and Mary.
True. That dog should have been a muppet puppet, but the way they made it at the end was that all animals can talk, which is stupid. And that Rowlf thing made absolutly no sense at all. I mean, it wasn't Rowlf, so what was the point?

But about it turning into muppet babies, I don't think that would have happened. Simple short cameos would be good. And about how they just happene to be there, I don't think that would have been too much of an issue. Maybe all muppets come from that same part of the world and they just kind of spread out. :big_grin:

The Jim Henson as a kid thing is on the fence with me. Sure it was sweet and stuff, but it makes no sense too. The muppets are suppose to act as if they have no idea who the performers are. So, it's iffy. The muppet comedy side of me doesn't like it, but the muppet heartfelt side of me did.

Beauregard

Reaction score
All your points are very true, though I loved that Jim as a kid thing. It was cool.

GonzoPimp

Reaction score
Its true that KSY was a straight-to-Video release and budget is limited, but it doesn't cost anything to make a decent story. I kept thinking the story was going to get better...and it didn't. I mean, didn't the creators promise us a "true-muppet-lovers movie" at Muppetfest? Were they talking to the Elmo fans?
:excited: :concern:

Jennifer12

Reaction score
I kinda liked it...

I finally saw it this morning, and while I didn't laugh hysterically like I do for many Muppet productions, I thought it was really cute. It was certainly something I'd purchase for my children if I had children. While the double-entendres(sp?) that only adults get were not in heavy supply, I did find the jokes funny enough to laugh at.

Most enjoyable were the out-takes at the end. The filming of the locker scene where you can hear the puppeters (I think I recognized Steve Whitmire's voice) getting a little frustrated was worth the time it took to watch. Thanks to the Henson company for sharing the out-takes and general fooling around with us.

Jennifer

arrodwen

Reaction score
just my 2 cents

I bought this film for my 2 year old son. He loves it. I'm more of an original muppet fan, myself. (Owning original The Muppet movie.) But my son watches that as well. Awesome, eh?

I thought the movie was cute, comical and something perfect for little children. Not sure, I'd ever pick it up for myself... but after learning all the JH references, it's kind of cool to learn.