Your Thoughts: Kermit's Swamp Years: TV Airings and Opinions

Gerard

Reaction score
I really liked the film, especially all the Henson references. I also think that it was more aimed at 5 or 6 year olds, and is funny for them. A great film.

Pug Lover

Reaction score
Kermit's Swamp Years

Please let me know if this topic has been posted before.What does everyone think of Kermit's Swamp Years?I myself enjoyed the movie.I liked how they had a brief cameo from a teenaged Jim Henson.Plus another brief cameo of a younger Statler and Woldorf.And his encounter with a barnyard pig is quite ironic.Especially when he says he hopes he never sees one of those again.One thing I'm somewhat curious about.During a scene where Kermit talks to his mother.We only see the back of her and hear her talk,but never see her face.Makes me wonder if she had eyes like her son,or just the round eyes that every other frog muppet appears to have.:smile:

Camellia

Reaction score
haven't seen it

hi, I haven't seen it but Muppety friends say it isn't that great. So I didn't buy it. It was $7.99 at one store, pretty cheap, recently.

Anyone else like the show?

Camellia

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
I haven't seen it either, and I've heard mixed reviews. Some were bad, but there were just as many good ones. I'm now trying to find it in stores, but as of yet having no luck. Can anyone give me an unbiased summary, or point me to somewhare whare there is one posted?

Thanks,
Kate

MrsPepper

Reaction score
An unbiased summary:

Kermit lives in a swamp with his best friends, Croaker and Goggles. There's also a big bully bullfrog, I think his name is Blotch. Anyhoo, Goggles is taken by a pet owner, and an evil scientist/teacher is looking for frogs for his evil plans (aka dissection)! So Kermit and Croaker hit the road trying to save Goggles.

A biased summary: I thought this movie was really cute, and I fell in love with Goggles. However I found that the movie doesn't always flow quite evenly. And I didn't like the female dog character. Overall, you can tell that it is geared towards a younger audience, but I think it's cute, and even if you don't like it, it's sort of your duty as a Muppet fan to at least watch it. :wink:

Edit: fixed my poor grammar!!

Gonzo14

Reaction score
the story was ok, but what i really liked was the muppet sybolism

-the young jim henson
-kermit running into a pig
-when kermit's in a pet store, there's can behind him that says "Salmon Friends" (Sam and Friends)
-Arnie the Alligator
-there's a lot more, but i can't remember them all

OverUnderAround

Reaction score
I think Kermit's Swamp Years was Steve Whitmire's best performance of Kermit. However I do think he shines even more when he works characters that he originates such as that singing rabbit in the pet store scene. That was some awesome puppeteering and that's Steve at his best.

I hope in the future Steve has the freedom to do more original characters. Then he can really cut loose and express himself.

Croaker was a great little charcter too.

golden teeth

Reaction score
It was pretty good. I would give it a B minus probably. I liked the cool Statler and Waldorf cameo, where they were young men in a theater. Good enough story, and Steve did a great Jim-like Kermit in this one. I didn't particularly like the live adult actors though.