Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I also discovered, among the broad selection of episodes offered, none have the Scanimate number segments (four and ten), and I do not see any episodes with segments involving a rotating camera angle (turning upside down to prove a Muppet's point). Even an episode offered by iTunes that had the Muppet girl (I believe it was Sally Sanchez, based on her wardrobe and hair, though it was not revealed until a future segment) demonstrating 11 upside down (in Spanish) is not offered by HBO Max. Maybe HBO felt they were too creepy for today's viewing standards.

As for the Wicked Witch episode, it's no surprise that it never saw the light of day.

I believe all of the episodes being offered, except for one, have full guides on Muppet Wiki. i wonder if the HBO Max offering of #1207 has the bank teller film kept intact? It wouldn't shock me if it got edited out, due to outdated technology.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I also discovered, among the broad selection of episodes offered, none have the Scanimate number segments (four and ten), and I do not see any episodes with segments involving a rotating camera angle (turning upside down to prove a Muppet's point). Even an episode offered by iTunes that had the Muppet girl (I believe it was Sally Sanchez, based on her wardrobe and hair, though it was not revealed until a future segment) demonstrating 11 upside down (in Spanish) is not offered by HBO Max. Maybe HBO felt they were too creepy for today's viewing standards.
You're kidding me, right?

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I also discovered the episode with Mr. Hooper's death is among the episodes being offered, but it is not released as yet.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Most of the episodes are ones that the wiki has images for every segment. Episode 900 is one of the exceptions (and now it has pictures thanks to this!), and the episode with the Electric Company cast is still missing some images. I haven't paid much attention to what 1990s episodes are included and don't know if any of those guides have yet to have images. I don't think the service has any episodes that were not yet fully guided (with info) by now.

At first, it looks like it has every season premier, but then it looks like the season 10 premier is omitted. And sadly, the season 16 premier is omitted as well. I think the seasons 13 and 20 premiers are also excluded.

It's just launched so it may take a while to really know what all is cut, if anything is. I wonder if the end credits are added to all episodes without credits like on the HBO reruns and recent official uploads. It would be interesting to know if the Bill Cosby segment from episode 131 is cut (I think he's also in one of those season 5 episodes).

It seems like most of the season 1 and 15 episodes included are ones that were included on iTunes.

I wonder if any "two-season-later street story repeats" are included.

A number of episodes I said I wanted to see resurface when Toughpigs and The Muppet Mindset did their "Somebody Come and Poll" survey last year (wow, and we still haven't had any results article or anything) made it here (like episodes 330, 900, 1262).

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I noticed that Episode 1262, which is offered on HBO Max, has the Herbert Birdsfoot "OP" poem sketch (with Grover hopping whenever "hop" was mentioned), which was never uploaded on YouTube or anywhere by fans. I am hoping that Sesame Workshop will upload that sketch to the show's official YouTube channel someday.

Jakob

Reaction score

As for the Wicked Witch episode, it's no surprise that it never saw the light of day.

I believe all of the episodes being offered, except for one, have full guides on Muppet Wiki. i wonder if the HBO Max offering of #1207 has the bank teller film kept intact? It wouldn't shock me if it got edited out, due to outdated technology.
WHA!?

datman24

Reaction score
Well, I think any Sesame Street fan should be grateful with what they got. I'd say it's a pretty decent balance of both previously-released and never-before-released episodes. Of course, it is only a matter of time before people start attempting to upload these entire episodes on YouTube or other similar outlets, rather than letting people pay the full price to watch these.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I also saw that there's a season 3 episode that the wiki does not have street scene screenshots for (unless that's been fixed since I last checked).

Is there a list of Sesame Street episodes that are on HBO Max?
The Muppet Wiki page for HBO Max lists them all. And it looks like the Classic Sesame Street folder on Muppet Central has individual "your thoughts" threads for each episode.