Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

Katzi428

Reaction score
I found out that I'll be able to get HBO Max sometime this week . So that'll be nice . :smile:

ssetta

Reaction score
I've looked at the Wiki guides for a lot of the classic episodes, and I've noticed that a lot of stuff is cut. It actually seems like every single sketch with Grover and John John is cut. I wonder if it has to do with the whole racism thing going on. I can't think of another reason why it would be.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
I've looked at the Wiki guides for a lot of the classic episodes, and I've noticed that a lot of stuff is cut. It actually seems like every single sketch with Grover and John John is cut. I wonder if it has to do with the whole racism thing going on. I can't think of another reason why it would be.
That’s stupid, most likely it’s the sad thing of what happened to John-John in his life.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Some edits I wager are to fit in the credits they've tacked onto every episode to ensure they stay under an hour.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't feel right talking about it, but I heard that John John has a Bill Cosby-level offense. I wondered if Sesame Workshop would stop putting out his segments, since it's not as well-known as the Cosby thing. I have noticed that John John clips seem to no longer be available in the official Sesame Street YouTube channel. I also wonder if that's why no John-John clips are in the 50th anniversary release, or if maybe it's because so many John John clips have been so widely available and they wanted to include a different child clip (I could see it being both).

Some edits I wager are to fit in the credits they've tacked onto every episode to ensure they stay under an hour.
It's one thing when they did it on HBO, but HBO Max is a streaming service. Does it really matter if they go over 60 minutes on a streaming service?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't know, but seeing how a segment might be in one episode, but edited out of another, I can't think of any explanation that makes sense.