Your Thoughts: HBO Max streaming service officially launches

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Looking a little more, I see that there are 15 season premiers included - for seasons 1-8, 11-12, 14-15, 17, 22, 25, and 30. Recently I'd been thinking about how Noggin aired most of the old season premiers, but then got thinking that maybe they don't need to include all the season premiers. Many are great, many are historically important, but many also seem more like random episodes.

And there is an episode - 971 - that is not fully guided yet.

is episode 3136 the only one that was also included as part of HBO's previous rerun package? Of course that focused more on the 1990s and 2000s while this package focuses a lot more on the 1970s and 1980s (though I haven't checked to see what decade is represented the most. Somebody on the Toughpigs forum broke down each season, I think season 11 is represented with the most episodes, at 8. Of course that list also mentioned there being a few season 32 episodes, but the list on the wiki ends at season 30).

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Are the episodes the same as the HBO Kids version where they will have segments that are cut?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Counting the little breakdown in a Toughpigs post, I've found that it's 45 episodes from seasons 1-10, 35 from seasons 11-20, and 26 from seasons 21-30 (and it says there's five episodes from season 32, which Muppet Wiki does not acknowledge).

And going by air date...
*2 from 1969
*49 from the 1970s
*32 from the 1980s
*23 from the 1990s

Last edited:

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I tried to subscribe to HBO Max through Apple TV today, but when I was prompted to log in, its login page was in Spanish. And this is not Spanish we learned on Sesame Street. i know I would need to purchase the app, what options are there other than through AppleTV and Google Play?

I wouldn't be shocked if even the older Sesame episodes are only accessible in the U.S. and not in Canada, so if this is the case, I may have to consider a VPN.

Could I subscribe to HBO Max via iTunes?

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
No, you can't do it through iTunes. I don't know what devices (like fire stick or Roku or whatever) it's availible through.

ssetta

Reaction score
It’s not available on Roku or the Fire stick? Does anyone have suggestions on what it’s on and how I could use it?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
So I've seen a few instances on the wiki where segments are cut, but haven't seen anything about segments being replaced yet. And I have seen one note so far on a non-Friday show being presented with end credits, so that must be the case with all of them.

Seems like they chose a lot of spectacular episodes, and a lot of episodes focusing on main characters like Cookie Monster, Bert and Ernie, can't remember if any Grover episodes are included. I keep skimming through the list of episodes, and there keeps being some that I hadn't noticed being included (like Big Bird for president and Cookie Monster gets amnesia, watches Hooper's Store, and gets visited by Apple Monster). Looks like most of the episodes are ones with a real plot, or at least enough to title it and put in the descriptions. I think most of the "non-plot" episodes are from the first season and some season premiers.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wondered if any segments included in these episodes would be blocked from YouTube uploads (aside from official Sesame Workshop uploads), a few months ago I found that Don't Throw That Trash on the Ground seems to be blocked (in English), but after checking all its appearances, it doesn't seem to be in any of these episodes (unless it replaces something cut). And just earlier this week, I couldn't find an English copy of Monsterpiece Theater: The Monsters of Venice, and then looked at a Monsterpiece Theater playlist that includes it but says "blocked in this country", and then I saw that that segment is indeed included in one of these episodes. But I have searched a number of other segments that appear in these episodes that had been uploaded by fans for years, and all the ones I have searched for since are still online.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
I am considering subscribing to HBO Max this coming week, and hope that I see some sketches and films that would be quite interesting and have never been on YouTube. If the classic episodes are not accessible in Canada, I may consider a VPN, and one that is 100% safe.