Your Thoughts: Authentic Kermit Replica

tomahawk

Reaction score
MWoO said:
It's nice, but the pupils really throw off the look. It seems that the poser body and head is realy nice and probably perfect to some version of Kermit, but I think people need lessons in posing him. I see squisjhed heads and necks and stuff that should be fixed.

This sounds like taking out all the fun in getting him. People have only had him for all of 3-4 days. What if they like the squished heads and necks? Lessons in posing Kermit? Wow.

lithiumbrain

Reaction score
Yes I agree...the pupils are a tiny bit too large. The round part is a bit too round. Alright...I'll stop complaining! I'm an artist and a perfectionist...I can't help it! :smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
tomahawk said:
This sounds like taking out all the fun in getting him. People have only had him for all of 3-4 days. What if they like the squished heads and necks? Lessons in posing Kermit? Wow.

Yes, I don't think it's an evil thing to say that learning how to position Kermit will make him look better. Proper positioning will make him look like the high end replica he is.

Boba Lynn

Reaction score
MWoO said:
It's nice, but the pupils really throw off the look. It seems that the poser body and head is realy nice and probably perfect to some version of Kermit, but I think people need lessons in posing him. I see squisjhed heads and necks and stuff that should be fixed.
If you got lessons or tips please share! I would love to see them.

Lynn

Robin

Reaction score
Not every one is an artist... But, those of us that "are" will naturally have far better results with their Kermits.... It's very true indeed... Some of these kermits in photo's I've looked at here are so poorly posed I'm thinking $199.00 for that? in other photo's I'm thinking Wow that looks great!!!! Artists will shine!!!! I'm sure some will make small changes to make these look more acurate!!!

AlienGonzo

Reaction score
Since the other thread was closed, I'll ask again in here...

How is everyone going to be displaying theirs?

I'm not sure what to do yet, I dont have a glass case to put him in right now. Hopefully dust wont be a big problem for him, even in a glass case you'll get a little. Is the material the type that can get dirty easily from dust? I guess a damp cloth or brushing it off with a clean duster or swiffer thing would work if that ever is a problem :concern:

I do share some of the same sentiments as Vic and some others. I’m still very anxious to get him though and do feel the pose has a lot to do with making the TRUE Kermit come out. In a lot of these pics, its doesn’t look like much, but then in some others that’s got good posing, he does. Such as with the pics KermieBaby just posted, I get a whole different impression and get even more excited as I see Kermit come to life there. For me anyway.:smile:

Convincing John

Reaction score
Packaging?

I was wondering...is there any special package that this Kermit comes in? Usually when a new Muppet collectible comes out (thinkin' 'bout the good ol' Palisades and Fisher Price stuff) there's pictures of the box as well as the product online somwhere. With the great treatment other Muppet stuff has gotten (like that Jim Henson figure!), I just wondered if Kermit would come in a box decked out in the red curtains we know and love from our favorite theater?

Or...will it just be a plain ol' brown box?

I'm not complaining, just curious. I haven't gotten my Kermit yet, but I'm just wondering how to display him. If it's a plain ol' box, of course I'll just "open" it like the kid in this clip did with the gift. :wink:

BTW, the Kermit pics looks awesome! Can't wait for him!

Convincing John

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
AlienGonzo said:
Since the other thread was closed, I'll ask again in here...

How is everyone going to be displaying theirs?
I was wondering the same thing. For now, my Kermit will be sitting within inches of me, wherever I am in the house (well, with the exception of the kitchen and the bathroom! ha) so I can marvel at his, ah, whatever he has, it's marvelous.

I have a question too, this one's for Amy from MR, if she found this thread: I was going to fill in the registration form, and it asks for a serial number. Can you please tell me where the serial number is? I think it's probably the item number, but I wanna be sure.

Oh, and thank you all at Master Replicas SO MUCH for this beautiful Kermit! :smile:
AlienGonzo said:
I’m still very anxious to get him though and do feel the pose has a lot to do with making the TRUE Kermit come out. In a lot of these pics, its doesn’t look like much, but then in some others that’s got good posing, he does. Such as with the pics KermieBaby just posted, I get a whole different impression and get even more excited as I see Kermit come to life there. For me anyway.:smile:
Thanks! :big_grin:

Oh, and Convincing John, the box he comes in is almost just as beautiful!!! No red curtains like many hoped, but beautiful just the same. They did our Kermit justice that's for sure. I didn't snap any pics of his box, and it's already put away or else I'd take some pics for you, sorry!

AndyWan Kenobi

Reaction score
Got my Kermit. YAAAAAYYY!!

I'm a little too under the weather and tired to mess around posing and taking pictures, but I'm thrilled with him!

Also, I got my Han Solo blaster that I won. What a great day!