Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I'm sure this was listed but if it wasn't, many here probably remember the crow and the cheese he had in his beak and the fox who tricked him out of it by saying he can't sing. I wonder who was the guy singing the song that was in it?

denimalex

Reaction score
Reading through the posts on this thread, I have seen a couple mentions to the hand drawing a bridge for a train to go across. On that angle, does anyone remember the animated drawing of a guitar player (with guitar) that slowly composes on screen with a backdrop of an outdoor promenade. Beautiful acoustic guitar music completes the prettiness of this cartoon. If I were to guess, this was from the late 80's.

One more just came to mind, and given it's content and context, had to be from SS's earliest days... The cartoon opens with a shot of a bedroom wall, with a pin up album cover of a popular singer (remember when you could go to a record store and buy these for cents on the dollar?). Background music is something like mod-Rock, and a male vocal sings "La la la la la la la LAAAAAA" Then two teenage catcalling female VO's come in: "Oh, Daddy!", "He's so beautiful, He's so handsome!" Eventually by cartoon's end, you see most of the girls' bedroom with tons of album covers on the wall, with one more "Oh, Daddy!" and a final serenade of "La la la la" from the rock artist.

I understand that SS was set in the Bronx, which is obviously a very urban area, but it seems that there was an obsession with "Bus Stop" on the show. More than one cartoon was made about such, and a nice R&B song in the mid 80's.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the scene takes place in a concert hall a young cleaning lady bored out of her mind starts playing the instrument and you see these movements of the sounds comming out of them. what happens she somehow takes the sounds that comes out of them and puts them in the opposite musical instruments then leavrs. then the musicians come in and I don't know if they were playing a concert of just practicing. the pianist starts to play and the drum sound comes out. the drummer plays and the sound of the chimes comes from it, the sound of the piano comes from the horn and the souns of the horn comes from the chimes. of course the musician finally put whatever sound back to where it belongs so eventually they're able to play their instruments with the right sound. if you still don't understand you would of had to have seen this cartoon. can't explain it any better.

Ziffel

Reaction score
letterGman said:
Without a doubt:
"This is a letter G. G is a very useful letter. It's the first letter in the word g-gig-ghghg...ahem... As I was saying...G is the first letter in the word -- Gig-gig-g-gig...aHEM ahem... Er...now, then... the letter G is the first letter... in the word... in the word... GIGGLE!! AHahahahaHAAAAAAAhahahahaha!! AHahahahaHAAAAAAAhahahahaha!! (falls down giggling and crawls away, clutching his side and giggling uncontrollably.)
Good description of this. And it's now on youtube to see and hear. Always an amusing little clip.

letterGman said:
...but what exactly had him so tickled??? Anby guesses??
Probably the camera man was making funny faces at him while he was trying to say his lines. I know on game shows this has happened to the hosts before. The audience wonders why they are laughing and don't realize what the camera crew is doing.
Okay, before anyone says, "Ermmm, this is a cartoon segment", I'm just kiddin' around. :stick_out_tongue:

NIMASTER

Reaction score
does anybody know where the segment P Painting can be found or have or ect?

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Don't know if this one was mentioned but there were these 2 cartoon with a man and woman. their faces change shapes and you hear these wierd sounds that go with them.

Chris Von Count

Reaction score
Here are some of my favorite SS cartoons.

-peacock math. This one has a proud peacock showing off her 5 tail feathers, and something would happen each time, and she would loss a feather a different way each time until she was down to 0 feathers.

-the little girl inflating a letter "s" with a bike pump, and as it was being inflated it made an s sound. then after it was fully inflated she remarked excitedly "S", then the pump popped loose from the letter and it rapidly deflated with the same hissing s sound.

-the counting guru.. counting to 20. Very interesting cartoon.

-the fairy alphabet. where the letters of the alphabet would take on shapes of animals then morph into the letter. I remember it was song with very lithey voice, and almost renaissance type music. very cute cartoon, and calming.

-the tripy alphabet cartoon where a woman would rapidly say the alphabet then it went over to a man who would say the alphabet as the letters morphed with different backgrounds while a creepy music piece played. then it would go back to the woman again.

-the cartoon bird who was laying 10 eggs, and then she counted them as they hatched and passes out at the end.

-the cartoon of the morphing bird while kids talked about it as it would change into different things. I remember the music was sort of jazzy sounding.

-the cartoon of the 3 body builders. the first guy would come out on stage and flex his muscles and a girl said "Big" then another guy would come out then he would flex his muscles and then she says "Bigger" then the third guy would come out and flex his muscles and then she says "Biggest". then the third body builder lost his balance and landed on his head. LOL!

-the ladybug picnic.

-capitol I

-lower case n

-cartoon of a stockman in a grocery store putting up a big display of cans. and as someone would come by to snag a can from the bottom the display would crash down and he would have to restack. this continued at least two or three time through the cartoon, then a pesky kid on roller skates comes in and goes for the display and the man yells "Don't touch those!" then the kid is like "Okay" and goes over to another shelf and pulls a can off from it and then the whole store collapses.

-Daddy D cartoon

rollingchild

Reaction score
JaniceFerSure said:
Here are the majority of favorite SS cartoons,not in any particular order:
  • The Alligator King
  • Alphabet Soup
  • The Cartoon,B is for....
  • Behind Your Face
  • Capital I
  • Cowboy X
  • Daddy Dear
  • The E Song
  • Five Purple Konkers
  • The letter G,is the first letter in the word,giggle(man laughs)
  • G for gorilla
  • The J Song
  • King Minus
  • Ladybugs' Picnic
  • Loaf of Bread...
  • Lower-case N
  • My Martian Cutie
  • Nancy the Nanny Goat
  • The O Song
  • The Pinball Song
  • Small V
  • Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
  • That's about the Size
  • Three
  • Toucan two-step
  • The Typewriter guy
  • The Villan in the Panama Hat
  • W for Wilhemina
  • Wanda the Witch
  • Willie Wimple
[*]Rocket Countdown (from Sesame Street Episode #162)
[*]Rocket Countdown (from Sesame Street Episode #198)
[*]STOP (From episode #162 via cartoon: Stop (jumping 'o' in Stop"))
[*]Limerick 'O' (From Sesame Street episode #198)
[*]Cartoon of a grocery store stock clerk putting up a big display of 12 cans. Customer would come purchase a can from the bottom the display would crash down and he would have to restack. this continued at least two or three time through the cartoon, then a pesky kid on roller skates comes in and goes for the display and the stock clerk yells "Don't touch those!" then the kid is like "Okay" and goes over to another shelf and pulls a can off from it and then the whole store collapses.
[*]Numbers 1-20 Say Their Names

David Ho
rollingchild

rollingchild

Reaction score
Nicole said:
What were your favorite cartoon segments on Sesame Street?

These are some of the ones I've always liked:

1. The cartoon about the cat trying to get into the can of cat food.

2. The cartoon about the two little girls eating alphabet soup and each of the letters stood for a certain animal. (Except V stood for violin and X stood for xylophone.) Then after the girls had finished their soup, they went outside to play.

3. The "Between" cartoon. A little man was doing various things between two big men (hammering, jackhammering, eating lunch, etc.) For each task, the announcer would say "Between."

4. The cartoon about the snakes that went on a picnic and everything they ate began with S.

5. The man that went to bed and said "Sleep, at last!" Then a fly wakes him up, then a chicken, and then a rabbit playing the drums!

What are your favorite ones?
Hi, this is Rollingchild in Champaign, IL via Savoy, IL. My favorite Sesame Street Cartoon is also Sleep, At Last!.

Description:

Man In Bed: Sleep, At Last.

Disturbance 1: The Fly Buzzing

Disturbance 2: Chicken Clucking (man closes window and returns to sleep)

Disturbance 3: A Drum Playing Rabbit (man slams door and returns to sleep)

Disturbance 4: Telephone Ringing (Fly Buzzing, Chicken Clucking , & Drum Playing Rabbit called man, disturbed the man's sleep, hanged up phone and returned back to sleep).

David Ho
rollingchild

superboober

Reaction score
One that hasn't been mentioned yet that I always like was the "J-train" where the large pink J chugs around the railroad yard ("j-j-j-j-j-j-j-j-j-j"), in turn hooking up with green letters that happen to be lying around around the yard to form the words join, jump (it jumps over the U-M-P) and jet, and upon forming the last word blasts off literally like a jet out of frame, where it crashes head-on into another train ("J-j-j-junk!" proclaims the announcer as we see the J's smoldering ruins)