Who are your 3 favorite Sesame Street characters?

Soul H

Reaction score
Hmmm...If I were to choose, I would say in no particular order (a little Bob Sagat humour there)

1. Grover - His absent-mindedness always cracks me up.

2. Cookie Monster - His appetite for destruction is a laugh riot.

3. The Sneaky Salesman - Always seeking silence when selling must be difficult.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
My favorite Sesame Street Muppets would totally be...

1) Oscar the Grouch: If I had to pick one favorite, it probably would have be a Oscar, I think he's the most complex character on Sesame Street, people sometimes label him as the bad guy or the evil one on SS, which he's not, he actually has a heart of gold. Plus people also like to label him as the homeless one or whatever, when in actually, he would much rather live in a trash can than some million dollar mansion, :grouchy:.

2) Cookie Monster: He's just a fun character, how could one not love Cookie, :insatiable:.

3) The Count: I love pretty much any of Jerry Nelson's muppets, he's awesome, :batty:

4) Bert and Ernie: Okay, I know I'm doing five, but I count Bert and Ernie as a pair, you can't have one without the other, lol. Two best friends and possibly the best example of Frank Oz and Jim Henson's chemistry,
Bert and Ernie are not one character you have to pick one or the other for your number 4. Wait a minute, I thought we were picking our favorite 3.
Well even though I'm a bit late on this, but Uncle Matt totally called me out on this, so I'll just go with the top three as my all time favorites.

unclematt

Reaction score
Sorry JJandJanice. I promise I won't hold it against you.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Grover - I love him to death. He's adorable, brilliantly witty, and just an all-around fantastic character. He's a constant reminder to me, still, of how Sesame Street can appeal to all ages. Frank put so much into him, and Eric keeps that alive.

Big Bird - The perfect character? Yes, I think so. He is Sesame Street, and nothing will ever change that, in my eyes. I love him so much and he's number one on my "Muppets I Want to Hug" list.

TIE: Ernie and Oscar the Grouch - Ernie reminds me of me. I'm always joking around with my friends and I never really take things terribly serious. I don't really have a Bert to play off of... but I think I have another Ernie. :stick_out_tongue:

Oscar is another simply perfect character. The dimensions to him are astounding. I dream of one day visiting Sesame Street and banging on his lid...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Let's see if I can narrow it down to three...

1. Oscar: I don't know why, I but I've always loved him. If think it was "I Love Trash" that sold it for me, that and I was fascinated with his can. I always wondered how his lid was able to open like that, while in books, it always rested on his head.
2. Grover: Same reasons as Prawny, he's everything a funny character should be.
3. The Honkers: I loved "Honk Around the Clock". Plus, I used to have a Honker toy with a nose that actually honked, so I would hide it behind my back and squeeze its nose and mine to pretend like I was honking my nose.

unclematt

Reaction score
I am just stating that there can not be any ties. You can only pick 3, none of this tying for third place.

Grundgetta2800

Reaction score
1) :grouchy:Oscar the Grouch

2)Mumford the Magician

3):insatiable:Cookie Monster

This was a hard toss up. I almost love them all.

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
1. Big Bird ... I mean, come on!

2. Cookie Monster ... his typewriter skit in Xmas Eve on SS is so hilarious and remains to this day one of the greatest muppet bits ever

3. Grover ... looooooove Super Grover ... also, the old skits where he's a waiter are some of the best!

Son of Enik

Reaction score
My all time favorite is Kermit, he's always the voice of reason amongst the madness around him. Kermit's not easily rattled, but when it does happen he loses his mind so much, it's hysterical!
I also love Count Von Count. Some call him obsessive, I call him passionate, he loves numbers and counting so much that he remains faithful to his love for it, no matter what goes on around him
My 3rd character I'll mention (though it is very hard to pick only 3) is Gordon, and maybe alot of that is because I met Roscoe Orman personally, but I also loved Matt Robinson. The Gordon character (outside of Hal Miller, sorry) has always been my favorite human on the show. He has the street flair, but is also very smart and doesn't talk down to kids.