Who are your 3 favorite Sesame Street characters?

unclematt

Reaction score
Bert and Ernie are not one character you have to pick one or the other for your number 4. Wait a minute, I thought we were picking our favorite 3.

Reaction score
I'll add my faves as I'm new here. I don't even have to think about this as my faves come to me instantly.

1. Grover. In my view, the funniest Muppet. He cracks me up as soon as I see him and the sketches with Fat Blue in the restaurant are pure gold.

2. Bert. I think I love Bert because I'm so like him. I just want a quiet life and have little patience. I really empathise with Bert.

3. Guy Smiley. The perfect game show host. Guy Smiley is the perfect character for a spin-off in my opinion. A sitcom about his life on and off the stage. Just a game show host trying to get by. Yeah, I'd watch that.

unclematt

Reaction score
Love the Guys Smiley spin off idea. That would be hilarious.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I simply can't narrow it down to three. It is just too hard. :big_grin: So, this is more of a "favorite in the sense they pop in my mind first" kind of thing.

As a kid: Big Bird, Grover, Ernie

Now: Oscar, Grover, Telly (this isn't to say that I stopped liking the other ones, but my personality has changed a bit over the decades)

StreetScenes

Reaction score
so i'm the only one who put a human in my top three so far? i guess it's not surprising that on a muppet fan website...but the question was about favorite characters, which i interpreted to include humans and to refer to the actual character development and role in the show rather than who i think of first or who make me laugh the most or something.

actually, despite my total obsession with muppets, if i answered by who comes to mind first (as a kid and today), it would be all humans: bob, maria&luis, susan&gordon, linda, olivia. then the first muppet i would think of is the two-headed monster--because he/they make me laugh, and were on infrequently enough to make it really exciting to see a clip of them.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
I like all the humans, though. I just can't narrow them down. :smile:

StreetScenes

Reaction score
I like all the humans, though. I just can't narrow them down. :smile:
i know, it's kind of like ranking your friends and family...there are some you click with more than others, and sometimes it depends on your mood, but it doesn't feel quite right when you put it in terms of "favorites" because you love them all in different ways for different reasons

unclematt

Reaction score
If it included humans I would have put Mr. Hooper

ISNorden

Reaction score
My three current favorites--

1. Grover: he speaks proper English, goes out of his way to help (even when he fails), and loves to hug.
  2. Bert: he's a loyal friend despite everything Ernie does to annoy him, he's serious-minded and he's got interests as obscure as my real-life ones.
  3. Rosita: she's more musically talented than a typical Muppet, she's emotionally honest, she identifies strongly with another culture...and she loves to hug even more than Grover does.

unclematt

Reaction score
Rosita, really? Of all the Muppets, Rosita? Wow, I can't believe any one would ever pick Rosita out of all the Muppets that have appeared on Sesame Street.