Who are your 3 favorite Sesame Street characters?

Kiki

Reaction score
Rosita, really? Of all the Muppets, Rosita? Wow, I can't believe any one would ever pick Rosita out of all the Muppets that have appeared on Sesame Street.
Aww... I love Rosita. :smile: But now that I look back at my list, I prolly would've put Big Bird instead...

My all time favorite is Kermit, he's always the voice of reason amongst the madness around him. Kermit's not easily rattled, but when it does happen he loses his mind so much, it's hysterical!
Oh yeah! Kermit! He was awesome on SST, definately one of my faves. Especially those sketches with Grover. :big_grin:

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
I am just stating that there can not be any ties. You can only pick 3, none of this tying for third place.

Who are currently your 3 (or even 4) personal favorite Sesame Street show characters and please say why (in a couple sentences each, for each fave character named).
:coy:

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Rosita, really? Of all the Muppets, Rosita? Wow, I can't believe any one would ever pick Rosita out of all the Muppets that have appeared on Sesame Street.
I would. I love Rosita, she has the cute factor, and seems to have an air of humour.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Quite recently Murray Monster has been up there for me as a favourite character. Although relativley new, I really do enjoy the puppetry from Joey Mazzarino, and I find the character just so incredibly funny. I don't know why, but he deos seem a very funny character.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Grover: What can I say, I just wanna hug him.

Oscar: I hate how he's been 'tamed' now, I loved him when he appears to swear at Bigbird during a Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, then shatters his hopes and dreams... I have a dark side....

Kermit: I didn't like how he's become a 'guest star', but, hey, he was there longer than Elmo, Zoe, Abby, and Murray, so I can live with that... He tought the cooler monsters[Lol...] and had to deal with the stuff they always did, I dunno if I can say this, but the main monsters, Grover, Cookie and Herry, just seemed to be dicking around with Kermit's life, trying to make it miserable.

Fourth: TIE! Count, Ernie, Bert, Cookie, Big Bird, Herry and Telly.
I did this mainly to tick off Unclematt, :big_grin: but, I can't choose between these characters, they're all so good.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
There's more than 3 for me...

Oscar the Grouch

Cookie Monster

Ernie and Bert

Grover---okay, let me just say this: I like Grover,when he's portrayed as the exuberant little child (as he was originally). As time went on, the voice got really bad, and to me he sort of became the "idiot", especially in the skits with Mr. Johnson. I guess it's because his role as the "loveable" monster was taken over by Elmo :smile:p)

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Oscar: I hate how he's been 'tamed' now, I loved him when he appears to swear at Bigbird during a Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, then shatters his hopes and dreams... I have a dark side....

Kermit: I didn't like how he's become a 'guest star', but, hey, he was there longer than Elmo, Zoe, Abby, and Murray, so I can live with that... He tought the cooler monsters[Lol...] and had to deal with the stuff they always did, I dunno if I can say this, but the main monsters, Grover, Cookie and Herry, just seemed to be dicking around with Kermit's life, trying to make it miserable.

I agree with you on the part about Kermit (and the same goes for Emmet Otter and Fraggle Rock not considered part of the "Muppets" anymore)

And BTW, Oscar's never been "tamed"---he already was.

OLumeVaSti

Reaction score
1.) The Count- I am not sure why really I just have always liked him best
2.) Grover- Two words: SUPER GROVER!
3.) Alice Snuffleupagus- I think it has to do with the era of Sesame Street I grew up on. I still think she is the cutest thing.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I really think it has more to do with evolution of character than taming him down. Oscar is pretty complex a character. He seems to me the only character who really aged.... at one point, when he came out he was just a grouch, telling people to go away and yelling at them... but it seems like the writers and Carol created a Grouch counterculture of gross foods and stuff like that, expanding the character to a more interresting level. Then of course, the late 70's into the 80's and today prankster Oscar... and recently, he became the grumpy old coot type, almost like a reluctant grandfather figure to Elmo, which I kinda like.

Of course, that's not to say there weren't any odd moments where Oscar seemed tame BEFORE current SS. I recall seeing a 1971 skit where Oscar walks into Ernie and Bert's apartment and gives them chocolate ice cream because he didn't want it. And another where he helps Ernie look for his Rubber Duckie... that was completely out of character....

Plus, while Oscar did "swear" (Muttley Swear, actually... he Mumbled nonsense syllables like "Rackin' frackiin'") in that special, he actually was the one that was most concerned about the big turkey's disappearance. And not just out of guilt either...

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
1. Grover - He's SU... per Grover! I had his "There's a monster at the end of this book" book when I was little :wink:

2. Cookie Monster - Because he's awesome and I love cookies!

3. The Count - Because he's hilarious.