Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I know that's "official", but they are way too sophisticated for those ages: I could see Elmo being 10, Grover 14 and honestly, I see Big Bird as like 24. I don't know why they even bother to give them ages though... it's weird.

Edit: Then again, idk; Elmo does talk like a baby and I remember an instance where Grover didn't know how to read, so who knows lol.

Last edited:

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
No, my point is that Frank and Jim knew one another so well (like brothers) that they could act out a scene like this. Ernie and Bert are roommates, but I've started to think of their relationship as being closer to that of siblings (albeit quirky ones).
Gotcha.

cjd874

Reaction score
Here's another vintage SS episode from Muppet Wiki, with heavy usage of Frank Oz's characters (yay). From the looks of it, I think that this is a digitally restored episodes that might be added to the AAPB archives.
https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0804

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I've noticed that some of the episodes Scott has posted screenshots for still have the "Trusted Source" note, while others (like 0804) don't. I wonder if that was intentional...

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Just a week ago I was complaining that they didn't use characters like Cookie and Grover enough in the street scenes, but evidently I've seen so little of Sesame Street that I have no authority over that.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
I was gonna post that, but you beat me to it! :smile:

Before there was Grundgetta, there was Hermine.

scarecroe

Reaction score
From the looks of it, I think that this is a digitally restored episodes that might be added to the AAPB archives.
AAPB will be archiving every episode.