• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

Cookie3001

Reaction score
@DePingPong reuploaded "Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake".
This is a neat special mostly because Cookie is featured in street scenes as one of the main characters in the special. This aired in 1991 (after Jim Henson's death) so I wonder if Frank Oz considered leaving that year which is why Cookie is one of the main characters of this special.
something else about that special, according to Muppet Wiki Bert one line of dialogue ("Ernie") was lifted from this sketch...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
And it's all thanks to @scarecroe and whoever gave him all these rare episodes; even if we won't get to see the actual video footage anytime soon, it's a lot fun to just view screenshots!
I’m just thankful we have screenshots, because that tells the story within it

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I agree, for Out to lunch we also have the audio from the first few minutes so you can easily put them together and see what the footage is like

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Here's the episode where Oscar tries to welcome Olivia to the street: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0957

Also...GET OVER TO THE MUPPET WIKI FACEBOOK PAGE IMMEDIATELY! SCOTT POSTED A RARE CLIP THAT A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN HOPING TO SEE FOR OVER 10 YEARS! :stick_out_tongue: :frown: (though I can imagine it might have been longer for others...)

You da man, @scarecroe! :smile:

Last edited:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
That certainly gave me a good laugh! Frank really stole the show in that one.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
Me and my brother just lost it when Bert starts poking Ernie and when it shows them older

hooperfan

Reaction score
Here's the episode where Oscar tries to welcome Olivia to the street: https://muppet.fandom.com/wiki/Episode_0957

Also...GET OVER TO THE MUPPET WIKI FACEBOOK PAGE IMMEDIATELY! SCOTT POSTED A RARE CLIP THAT A LOT OF US HAVE BEEN HOPING TO SEE FOR OVER 10 YEARS! :stick_out_tongue: :frown:(though I can imagine it might have been longer for others...)

You da man, @scarecroe! :smile:
That was awesome. Don't know which part I liked best - Old Ernie and Bert (and a white bearded cow!) or how adorable Maria is!

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score