Where are all these classic Sesame Street episodes coming from?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
this is movie parodies through the years, I'm not going to get my hopes up and I know I keep coming back to this but Episode 847 had a plot that somewhat parodied The Wizard of Oz so we might possibly get to see part of that episode. I know it's not likely but where there is life there is hope
I wouldn't consider that a movie parody since it involved the actual character (on that same note the episodes with C3PO and R2D2 are not Star Wars parodies). Then again, the celebrity song parodies video included a bit of Stevie Wonder singing "Superstition" which isn't a parody, either.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
@DePingPong reuploaded "Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake".
This is a neat special mostly because Cookie is featured in street scenes as one of the main characters in the special. This aired in 1991 (after Jim Henson's death) so I wonder if Frank Oz considered leaving that year which is why Cookie is one of the main characters of this special.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
@DePingPong reuploaded "Big Bird's Birthday or Let Me Eat Cake".
This is a neat special mostly because Cookie is featured in street scenes as one of the main characters in the special. This aired in 1991 (after Jim Henson's death) so I wonder if Frank Oz considered leaving that year which is why Cookie is one of the main characters of this special.
OK first of all, Frank Oz didn’t leave Sesame Street until like the mid to early 2000’s. He still perform throughout the 90s, it was just a little more uncommon to see his characters on the street. He left around really late 1990’s (ie 1999) to early 2000’s (ie 2000/01)

Cookie3001

Reaction score
OK first of all, Frank Oz didn’t leave Sesame Street until like the mid to early 2000’s. He still perform throughout the 90s, it was just a little more uncommon to see his characters on the street. He left around really late 1990’s (ie 1999) to early 2000’s (ie 2000/01)
I know that, I just wondered if he had CONSIDERED leaving during this year since Jim Henson died