When you need to rant...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Kinda joking, but yeah...

I hate that they're called "the Quack Pack." That's the name of a pretty good cartoon that doesn't deserve half the crap it gets. If any Ducks should be on TV, they should all be Disney related. And Daffy, Plucky, and Duckula.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oddly enough, DUCK DYNASTY is actually a spinoff of BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR (which itself spun off of DIRTY JOBS) which didn't get nearly as much hoopla surrounding it as DUCK DYNASTY has gotten.

I think it's because of the stigma the family has of being, "Unlikely millionares"... I mean, you wouldn't expect, at first glance, that a family of bearded, bandana-wearing, redneck hippies would be millionares.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's embarrassing enough when adolescents conduct themselves with such immature behavior sometimes. But I can give them the benefit of the doubt and hope it's a phase they'll outgrow as they get older.

But when you see people in their forties behaving the same way, it can be downright pathetic.
I admit I always used to assume immature people online must be teenagers. Now I have to apologize to teenagers everywhere because I'm realizing more and more how many middle aged people never quite left High School, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think it's because of the stigma the family has of being, "Unlikely millionares"... I mean, you wouldn't expect, at first glance, that a family of bearded, bandana-wearing, redneck hippies would be millionares.
Wasn't that like already a much better and more beloved show?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Haha, well, it really is kind of a rags to riches story, so-to-speak: they really did build up an empire for themselves over these years, all because of their duckcalls. It sounds cockeyed, but that's supposedly how they made it big: the patriarch of the family, when he was younger, built these duckcalls that sound far more realistic and convincing than other commercial duckcalls out there, they began selling really, really well, and the next thing you know, it made them a very, very wealthy family.

I'm not exactly sure HOW they got their own reality show (and now all these merchandising deals and such), I just remember they WERE featured one time on BILLY THE EXTERMINATOR, where Billy and his brother Ricky had to extricate a bunch of water moccasins from their duck blinds, but Ricky was attacked by wasps, and he's deathly allergic to them, so they had to leave the job, which was like the only time on that show that Billy and Ricky had to leave clients hanging.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Haha, well, it really is kind of a rags to riches story, so-to-speak: they really did build up an empire for themselves over these years, all because of their duckcalls. It sounds cockeyed, but that's supposedly how they made it big: the patriarch of the family, when he was younger, built these duckcalls that sound far more realistic and convincing than other commercial duckcalls out there, they began selling really, really well, and the next thing you know, it made them a very, very wealthy family.
I'll give them this... they at least deserve recognition for actually building themselves from the ground up than the Carddassmasters Cariboocreek the family of vapid, swarthy chicks what has like 8 shows going at once.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Okay, here's a rant I have: THE FRICKEN NEWS!

Seriously, is anyone else having a problem in their towns with local stations constantly "expanding" their news coverage throughout the day? I just learned that my local NBC affililate is dropping their 12:30 airing of I LOVE LUCY, so they can "expand" their noon news. And the thing of it is, they STILL air MORE news all throughout the day! They start airing a half-hour newscast at 4:30 in the morning, followed by an hour-long newscast at 5:00, then ANOTHER hour-long newscast at 6:00, later an hour at 4:00 in the afternoon, then another hour-long newscast at 5:00, then another half-hour newscast at 6:00, and a 35 minute newscast at 11:00.

Likewise, my local CBS affiliate has REALLY gotten news-happy within the last year; throughout their broadcast day, they show news for a half-hour at 4:30 in the morning, followed by a TWO HOUR newscast from 5:00 to 7:00, for a half-hour at noon, for an hour at 4:00, a half-hour at 5:00, another half-hour at 6:00, then a 35 minute newscast at 11:00.

Our ABC only plays news at 4:00 in the afternoon, three different half-hour newscasts at 5:00, 5:30, and 6:00, then a 35-minute newscast at 11:00. FOX pipes in our NBC's newscast at 10:00 at night.

Seriously, how much news can ONE town go through in a day?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Did Google really need to change their layout for the login page? It took way longer just to log into Gmail because they had to make everything overcomplicated.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm sure everyone's heard about the high school football team that was clobbered 90 something to nothing, and someone's calling it a bullying case.

I'm not ranting about that, but rather this.

How many more of these not at all important, out of context, polarizing news blurbs are we going to be bombarded with before we wake up and realize how manipulative crap like this is?

I mean, yes... personally I feel the more you call something "bullying" the more poorly defined it gets and the more poorly defined it gets, the more sympathy we'll lose in important cases. But this just smacks of bait for Social Darwinists to win the argument about bullying being good and how weak and communistic our society is if people are forced to not be complete anuses. Not to mention the Anti-PC alarmists that do nothing but troll the internet for stories that purposely cause a panic/give them reason to derail true political correctness for their own hateful, racist desires. And I for one am sick of it. I'm sick of a polarizing media outlet (frankly all of them) looking for stupid crap that happens in one town so some hateful, panicky loser spreads it on some nasty blog for other panicky losers to whine about.

What happens in one town is the express business of said town. If they do something stupid, then it's on the citizens of that town. It's not going to come out and hurt you, it's not going to be some disastrous "slippery slope," and chances are it won't even happen again in said town.