1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Forum Upgrade May 25
    We will be upgrading our forum software on Saturday May 25. This is a major upgrade that will add many new features and enhance security.

3. Radionomy ends May 31
    Radionomy has announced that all US stations, including Muppet Central Radio, will be removed on May 31, 2019.

4. You Can Be a Muppeteer
    Watch the Sesame Street Puppeteer Workshop with the amazing Sesame Street performers: Jennifer Barnhart, Matt Vogel and Marty Robinson.

Dismiss Notice
  5. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

When you need to rant...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misskermie, Apr 4, 2012.

1. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

Today, I decided to unsubscribe to YouTube reactor BlastphamousHD.

The reason I used to be a huge fan of his content is because his channel had one special thing that most YouTuber reacts lack:Variety.

He did a little bit of everything I love about YouTube. He posted hilarious vlogs, prank videos, gameplay videos where he plays horror games like FNAF and tries hard not to get scared, Q&A videos, storytime videos where he reminisces upon embarrassing past experiences, and comedy skits. His reaction video also had a lot of variety because he reacted to just about everything out there from cartoon clips to YouTube Poops to top 10 lists to creepypasta readings to music videos to movie trailers.

Unfortunately however his channel has been lacking the variety I once enjoyed and has relied solely one thing and one thing only.

Do you remember when I used to be super obsessed with Family Guy? BlastphamousHD is worse than I ever was about his incredibly annoying obsession with that specific show.

Practically all he posts now are Family Guy try not to laugh challenges, seldom will he ever post ANYTHING BUT FREAKING FAMILY GUY VIDEOS!!!!!!

What's even worse than that however is that he watches THE SAME ONES AGAIN AND AGAIN! I don't know about you but seeing the same clips again and again isn't funny but rather just tedious and irritating.

To me the number 1 thing that kills comedy is overexposure. Even if it used to be one of my favorite jokes ever, if I hear a joke tons of times repeatedly it'll easily become my least favorite.

For example, one of BHD's favorite Family Guy clips is the cutaway of Michael Jackson on stage grabbing his crotch and hitting it with a baseball bat. That one used to be one of my favorites as well because it was a perfect satirical representation of the way Michael Jackson would dance on stage. But he's played the clip SO MANY TIMES that I will literally get angry if I even see it.

I just don't understand how a fully grown man can laugh hysterically at the same exact jokes without feeling at least a little bit tired of them.

Speaking of Family Guy, remember when Stewie said

"AGAIN! AGAIN! I LOVE REPETITION!" after Peter did his memetic Bird is the Word dance for the first time?

That's because Stewie is a baby and little kids love to see things get repeated. So seeing an adult act that way about anything (especially a cartoon) is just pathetic.

I'm not the only one who thinks like this btw. Tons of his other former subscribers have posted similar rants in the comments section. He just doesn't want to listen to criticism whatsoever and will continue doing what he knows darn good and well that his fans hate.

2. Flaky Pudding

Reading the FCC complaints about The Simpsons that were posted online really made me lose my faith in humanity. People really have gotten way too soft and the fact that they complain over the littlest things really proves this to me.

3. Flaky Pudding

One person got offended that they made fun of The Noid. Seriously? He's not even real! What's wrong with making fun of a fictional pizza mascot? Is making fun of Chuck E. Cheese offensive to that person as well?

4. Any Del

Any Del Well-Known Member

In this day and age EVERYTHING is considered offensive... :rolleyes:

5. Flaky Pudding

I'm surprised people get so worked up over fictional things. I can understand someone getting offended by jokes about celebrities, religious deities, politicians, minorities, historical icons, itc. But getting ticked off by someone making fun of something that isn't even an actual physical person, that's a bit much if you ask me. I can never click on any YouTube Poop these days without finding at least one "This ruined my childhood," comment. Oh grow up, people!

6. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Not to mention their algorithm continually suggests racist or homophobic videos which have absolutely nothing to do with whatever you're searching for or watching. It's a cesspool.

Flaky Pudding and LittleJerry92 like this.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

As I've mentioned several times before, my biggest issue with YouTube's algorithm is that it always works against us little guys, making it harder for people to discover our content. Just yesterday, I did a quick search for the PUPPET POWER special I did several years ago to get the link for it - I had to scroll way down the results before it even showed up . . . and what's even stranger is that there were several videos with "Puppet Power" in its title, that were uploaded within the last 2-4 years, with very small viewcounts towards the top of the results, whereas my special, which was released in 2013, and has 900+ views was way down the results.

newsmanfan likes this.
  8. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

YouTube's search engine has gotten kind of wonky lately. I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but, there are options you can press so that you only see videos uploaded within a certain time frame. So, videos from the past month, or the current week, or the whole year, etc. But, whenever I try to set it for this week, it just shows me the normal results from any year. It's all over the place

LittleJerry92 and Blue Frackle like this.
  9. datman24

datman24 Well-Known Member

I’ve had that same problem, too. Hopefully, this is just a technical problem, and not a permanent fix.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

Agreed. It's a great feature.

Blue Frackle likes this.
  11. datman24

datman24 Well-Known Member

I guess the best alternative to use at the moment is the Google Video search feature.

12. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Via reddit:

13. Flaky Pudding

What is the appeal of that Jeffy puppet on YouTube that's super popular nowadays? I've seen a couple of his videos just to understand what others were talking about and I was not impressed in the least at what I saw.

Jeffy as a character is about as lame as you can get. He's just your typical comedic dumb guy who repeatedly acts like a huge jerk to other characters in pretty much every single video.

So in a nutshell, Jeffy is nothing different from Peter Griffin, Patrick Star, Homer Simpson, the guys from Dumb and Dumber, Beavis and Butt-Head, and many others.

I don't understand why such a simplistic and somewhat cliched character gets so many views.

I don't know how many times I've heard kids and adults alike quoting Jeffy out in public. It just makes me roll my eyes every time.

I feel as though Jeffy is nothing that we haven't seen a hundred times before. He's just a rehash of a bunch of previous characters. Nothing exciting or original whatsoever comes out of those videos.

Sometimes I don't understand why certain videos go viral. I've seen some things on YouTube that were nothing short of awesome. From independent music that is good enough to rival official pop songs to clever horror short films that could easily fit in on an episode of Tales from the Crypt to everything in between, YouTube is full of some great stuff. I can't wrap my head around how most of it just tends to be brushed aside in favor of silly stuff like Jeffy.

Any Del and ConsummateVs like this.
  14. Pig's Laundry

Why is the theme song from Sesame Street the only song Youtubers like to cover?! Like, in what universe is that the show's best song?!

15. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Because it's so instantly recognizable?

I don't know, but that's one of the reasons why I wanted to avoid picking that song for the tribute video I'm working on with other YouTube puppeteers; we ended up deciding on "Sing" instead.

Pig's Laundry and fuzzygobo like this.
  16. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

I can easily say if there were more instrumentals, i’d be down to do some Chris Cerf song covers.

17. Flaky Pudding

I found someone who ships The Beatles with each other on Deviantart one time. They are real people, two of them are dead, and all four of them liked women. In other words, there is so much wrong with that.

18. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

Good call.

19. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Well-Known Member

You thought that was bad? Check these two pages out!

I like Noddy Shop, but that's crazy. I don't think many people taped it off PBS back then, and you're more likely to find recordings from the UK since it played before the then-popular Tweenies. And this is not the first person who's gone crazy over a PBS thing: there was a person who kept asking for this promo on every single PBS Kids video, including a Noddy Shop video (an upload of the Noddy and Friends VHS from the UK), before it was even found by a user. However, he still asked people for it regardless. And the reason he wanted it so much? He had it on an old Sesame Street tape that either wore out from being played a lot or got broken in some manner.

20. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

I hope this never happens to any of you. I've dealt with it more times than I can count, but...

If you ever have to go to the hospital, they make you take off your clothes and put on those dreaded hospital gowns. You have to put them on backwards, your legs and back are exposed, and the hospital is always freezing.
    Once in a while they'll let me wear sweatpants to cover my legs, but these gowns are worse than useless and ugly as sin.
    Hospital beds aren't much better. It's hard to get comfortable when you're hooked up to tubes and wires you look like Frankenstein. At night they don't turn the lights off, and nurses wake you up at all hours to check your. Italy's and whatnot.
    Since I was 21, they always put me in a room with some old coot. Nobody my age. Now I'm one of those old coots, and they stick me in a room with an OLDER coot!
    And you haven't lived until you stayed in a hospital and there is ALWAYS someone on your floor yelling "Nurse!! Get me out of here!! I'm dying!!!" Day and night.
    The only thing that has gotten better is the food. Hospital food used to be a step above jail food, but they made strides in recent years. You're lucky if you get visitors, tv channels and WiFi is sketchy at best, so meals become the highlight of your day.
    Hospital stays are rarely pleasant. But I am grateful they keep my alive when I came close to dying. I just hope you stay well, never get some life-threatening disease, never break any bones. But if any friends or family ever end up there, visit them. They appreciate it, and you'll appreciate the fact it's not you in there.