When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I've said it before, but I'll say it again: I just love whenever Drtooth and heralde end up so deeply emersed into their own conversations in a thread, while every body else just carries on with different topics, and pays them no never mind. :halo:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I doubt that, legislation like this always has its own biases even against responsible gun owners.
Or for the lobbyists.

Doing nothing, I repeat, is doing nothing. We can't go around whining about how something needs to be done when history repeats itself for the billionth time and not actually do anything. If nothing gets done, it happens again no matter what. Responsible gun owners should be mature enough to realize that sometimes they have to make a tiny sacrifice for the greater good. Everyone else has to. And like I said, responsible means you own some hand guns and hunting rifles. Crazy nut jobs buy army weapons to raise an army. Where is the legislation punishing them? Why can't we have something that singles them out?

Seriously, it's easier to ban sodas and plastic water bottles than something that's actually dangerous. A couple people whine about it, but then they learn to get over it.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
We can't go around whining about how something needs to be done when history repeats itself for the billionth time and not actually do anything.
Something does need to be done. We need resources to deal with mental illness. While we're freaking out about gun control, health care and society are still ignoring these people until the next tragedy happens.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I like cheese, never had head cheese, though... I understand it's really, REALLY stinky.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Something does need to be done. We need resources to deal with mental illness. While we're freaking out about gun control, health care and society are still ignoring these people until the next tragedy happens.
We need to do that too. But not every gun tragedy is caused by someone who has a history of obvious mental illness. Just the last 2. Not to mention how broad stroke it is to diagnose mental illness. And if we're going to go after depressed loners, we're going to go after everyone that fits in that profile and pre-diagnose them as mentally unbalanced for not conforming to a societal norm, even if said people want to. I've got serious depression and I'm not going to plan a terrorist attack. I'm not even going to punch some one. I shouldn't be lumped in with potential mass murderers. None of us should. I do agree that we need to do something about mental health (question is what?) but you know who else does? The NRA, trying to sway blame away from their crazy gun culture and the manufacturers that fuel them. In times like these, NO ONE wants to hold the blame.

Actually, if anything we shouldn't go after gun owners. We need to go after gun dealers, gun manufacturers and the NRA. The second amendment says we can own these things... doesn't say jack about selling them. Legislation that specifically goes after them, especially the illegal Jeebs type places needs to be considered. But then again, lobbyists. I tell you though... endangered species look at gun owners and say "why the heck can't we get that level of protection?" Though to be fair, the second one of these tragedies happens, they do ban guns. Just in fictitious settings where they do no damage. Seriously, first thing that happened after the Colorado shooting? WB vowed to bowlderise the new Batman cartoon, and replace realistic guns with laser blasters and super soakers. If any guns need protection, it's fictitious ones.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------
Here in Tucson a city official started a campaign to buyback guns, which the cops have agreed to collect...but there's also a county law which says any guns collected by cops for ANY reason MUST be resold, CANNOT be destroyed...lovely. Why not recycle them into something responsible instead? With enough money & metal I'm sure we could have that crosstown rail system which the shortsighted keep voting down, for instance...

This cowtown disgusts me. Glad it'll be dead in 20 years or less with climate change.

-----------

Drtooth

Reaction score
Here in Tucson a city official started a campaign to buyback guns, which the cops have agreed to collect...but there's also a county law which says any guns collected by cops for ANY reason MUST be resold, CANNOT be destroyed...lovely. Why not recycle them into something responsible instead? With enough money & metal I'm sure we could have that crosstown rail system which the shortsighted keep voting down, for instance...
I'd rather see these things donated to the Army if that's the case. Lord knows too much of our tax dollars go to it anyway.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'd like to add another rant. Darth Boener has been re-elected by his hive minded cronies to be Speaker of the house again. After ALL the crap he pulled. Even fellow Republican Chris Christie thinks Boener's a ******. That says something.

So.. uh, the American people can't vote for Speaker of the House, huh? Very democratic. :rolleyes: