When you need to rant...

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you know what would be karma? And the cruelest of ironies? She meets someone just like her, not wearing a mask, who coughs on her and gives her COVID.
Let her take a minute and think that over.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Why is this lady so desperate to be in the DMV? ***.

What a miserable *****; this had to be intentional. She needs to get a **** hobby.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
My neighbors next door can **** themselves.

Seriously, ever since I moved in here, they constantly blast their shows and movies. I can ******* make out what’s going on. I politely asked them twice to keep the noise levels down. They don’t ******* listen.

I’m reporting them to my landlord once Monday rolls around. I hate how ******* thin these walls are. It’s already bad enough I have to constantly put up with hearing the noisy trucks coming and going to a supermarket I live behind outside.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
My neighbors next door can **** themselves.

Seriously, ever since I moved in here, they constantly blast their shows and movies. I can ******* make out what’s going on. I politely asked them twice to keep the noise levels down. They don’t ******* listen.

I’m reporting them to my landlord once Monday rolls around. I hate how ******* thin these walls are. It’s already bad enough I have to constantly put up with hearing the noisy trucks coming and going to a supermarket I live behind outside.
If you can’t get anywhere with the landlord, it’s within your rights to call the police. Especially at night.

30 years ago, I was in a band and we were practicing in the drummer’s garage. We used to record our rehearsals, as well as our shows.
one spring Saturday afternoon, the garage door was up, and somebody called the he cops on us. We didn’t get arrested, all they did was tell us to turn it down.
All these years later, that tape is still priceless. We were in the middle of a jam, and a police car pulls in the driveway, sirens blaring, lights flashing. The cop was cool. He actually thought it sounded good, but please not quite so loud.
We gave him a flyer for a gig we had the next week, and he showed up! Off-duty, he was a fan. 😁

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Sometimes I can hear such strange noises coming from my neighbors in my neighborhood, and yes, it can get annoying. When I was a little kid back then, it's like, three families moved into our neighborhood and almost all the time, kids would play outside and scream all they like to the point it traumatized me– It happened a LOT when I was playing in the backyard or swimming in the pool. And it's like, when I heard several shrieks coming from the distance, that is: kids running around the neighborhood and screaming, it ******* scared my ears to death, caused me traumatizing emotional reactions in the cheeks to an EMBARRASSING degree I screamed out loud across the neighborhood telling kids in the distance "STOOOOOOP SCREEEAAAAMMMMIIIIIIIIIINNNGG!!!!!!!!!", and they wouldn't listen, they kept screaming and screaming all they like (talk about it, kids who scream and enjoy LOUD rowdiness are TOO hard to control!!!!) I cried from all the screaming I heard and ran to my mom and made a noise complaint. I even had the same experience in my grandparents' neighborhood where kids, there too play outside and scream a lot.

Even sometimes these recent days and recent years where I'm already a man now, there's still kids in my neighborhood AND my grandparents' neighborhood who come out and play, so often I tend to stick some earbuds into my ears and hook it up to my MP3 player with white noise turned up all the way to where I won't hear my neighbors making noise outside. And, recently, our next door neighbor blasts music from their house next to mine during the nighttime around 8 or 9 at night. It's like, I hear bass thumping from their music, and tend to turn on my white noise on a speaker in my room to drown it out.

Last edited:

cjd874

Reaction score
Do any of you know what it's like to have control slipping from your fingers? When you feel it happening slowly and you want to stop it, but you don't know where to begin or how to proceed?

I'm having strained relations with my dad, I haven't played any musical gigs since March, and things at work are constantly reversing or alternating course (teaching music and then being forced to teach art in the midst of COVID-19 really sucks right now). Our school district is open for in-person instruction, but we could close at the drop of a hat; and I'm sensing that we'll close very soon. A neighboring district in NY state just closed on Friday and switched to online instruction for grades K-12 because it is a yellow zone. We're a yellow zone in the state of CT and WE'RE STILL OPEN. This is NOT sustainable, and it never was to begin with. Plus, people who catch the virus outside of school end up going to school and they unknowingly spread it to others.

On an unrelated note, I also want to move out of my parents' house but I have no car and not enough money to get myself started. I have the desire to become independent...or maybe it's peer pressure since I see so many of my friends in their own homes with partners, pets, etc. I'm 27 and I feel stuck in many ways. Also, I feel like I have the desire to move forward but not sufficient knowledge. My older brother has his **** together but he would rather stay home and care for our parents, which could be for the next ten to twenty years.

Is it wrong for me to compare myself to others in this way? Maybe I should just focus on what I need to do myself...even though I am losing sight of what exactly that is. Forgive my "first-world problems" rant, but I am just feeling very anxious and stifled by my surroundings. Any advice would be appreciated, especially from our resident "wise man" @fuzzygobo ....

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Coming from my own experience, don’t compare yourself to others. It will make you feel like absolute **** and hate yourself. Take as much time as you feel you need with having to find a place of your own. We’re in a very tight situation with this virus we’ve had to get used to since March, and frankly I have almost run out of patience with it but am trying to just learn to cope with it as much as possible. Plus, when things get back to normal someday, it will feel like a big reward.

In the mean time, I do hope the best, but don’t let the comparisons get to you. You will feel like an absolute mess.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know your desire to move out all too well. I moved out at age 19 to get away from my father’s drinking. It meant balancing school and work, work, and more work. For two years, the only social life I had was an occasional gig with my band. I was nearly broke when I moved out. But just to get away from my dad, I’d sleep under a bridge if I had to.
Don’t compare yourself to others. Even without COVID and everything else it’s tough.
But we all have to make a move sometime. Our parents won’t be around forever, and at some point, you have to strike out on your own. I know it’s tough, but it will be so worth it to you.
My first year on my own, I had no tv (I was never home to watch anyway), living on Ramen noodles, so my poverty came with my freedom. But it was worth every penny.
Don’t starve yourself to be like me. There will be sacrifices to moving out, but only you will know for sure. When the desire to move out becomes big enough, you won’t settle for anything less.

Any Del

Reaction score
@cjd874 Never compare yourself to others. All that does is stress you out and it causes you to be angry and sad. Just be yourself and have a strong mind set of "I don't care what others think of me!" and it'll feel like a weight has been lifted. Why live your life like another person? It's YOUR life, not theirs. And yes I totally get the eagerness of getting out of your parents home and feeling like your stuck somewhere. With patience by saving up your money and hanging in there you will get away from your parents. Once you do that feel free to be distant from them or whatever. Just because they're your parent(s) doesn't mean you HAVE to deal with them. You can still care for them from a distance. Keep hope alive and hang in there! You got the power to make it through!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Having struggled with my blood pressure in the past, I refuse to eat the packaged ramen anymore. Way too much sodium.