When you need to rant...

cjd874

Reaction score
So my Internet connection has been really funky this week. My family has three pairs of identical devices that all stopped connecting to the Internet on the same day. However, in each pair one device works while the other does not. For example, one tablet connects to the Internet, but the other one does not. Both are Lenovos with the same operating system as well. My brother's laptop (using Windows 10) connects to the Internet, but mine (also with Windows 10) doesn't. :confused::confused::confused:

I called Verizon's "Expert Help." An automated system ran a test of our Internet and ten minutes later it declared the problem fixed, when it WASN'T. (My laptop still couldn't connect.) Then I chose to remain on the line for a live customer rep, but ALL of them were busy and I was listening to that annoying hold music for nearly thirty minutes. I hung up after forty minutes. So much for that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
So my Internet connection has been really funky this week. My family has three pairs of identical devices that all stopped connecting to the Internet on the same day. However, in each pair one device works while the other does not. For example, one tablet connects to the Internet, but the other one does not. Both are Lenovos with the same operating system as well. My brother's laptop (using Windows 10) connects to the Internet, but mine (also with Windows 10) doesn't. :confused::confused::confused:

I called Verizon's "Expert Help." An automated system ran a test of our Internet and ten minutes later it declared the problem fixed, when it WASN'T. (My laptop still couldn't connect.) Then I chose to remain on the line for a live customer rep, but ALL of them were busy and I was listening to that annoying hold music for nearly thirty minutes. I hung up after forty minutes. So much for that.
Technology is great, until it isn’t.
George Carlin once did a routine on our modern civilization with our advanced technology. It looks so strong, so solid, so permanent, but it is actually very fragile. How easy it can all break down. And how dependent we’ve become on our devices.
Suppose you misplace your phone or the charge goes dead. People go through withdrawals more severe than DT’s.

I’m no different. I resisted for as long as I could. I used to think people glued to their devices all day had something wrong with them. Gradually I got sucked in too.
But there comes a point I can’t look at a screen anymore and I need some fresh air.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
We have Verizon as well, but it’s for phone service only. Comcast/Xfinity is our Internet provider.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
The trouble with big wireless companies - Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, Comcast, etc.
They’ve become so big, they can afford to lose a few customers with poor service. What do they care?
Comcast has whole counties as their territory with no competition. If you don’t like them and want to switch companies, you have to move.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One of those days I just really wish I knew how to cook....... like honestly I’m terrible when it comes to cooking stuff like vegetables and fresh meat.

Like all I have with me for thanksgiving dinner is a frozen banquet meal because I don’t know how to cook turkey or potatoes or stuffing, etc. 🤷🏿‍♂️

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Like I said, come to my house. Yes, I’ve cooked for a living, but some things are easier than you might think.

Early in the original run of Happy Days, Fonzie was going to spend Christmas alone with a bowl of cold Spaghetti-O’s.
I think I can do a little better for you.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
AT&T has been really good to us - we've used their mobile service for so long, they've basically grandfathered us into their system, so we still get to use their old ten cents a minute plan. Similar with Comcast, we've had them since PrimeStar went defunct in the 90s.

See, when you stick with a company for so long, you can actually reap the benefits of good service and deal with associates who are actually willing to work with you.

Any Del

Reaction score
One of those days I just really wish I knew how to cook....... like honestly I’m terrible when it comes to cooking stuff like vegetables and fresh meat.

Like all I have with me for thanksgiving dinner is a frozen banquet meal because I don’t know how to cook turkey or potatoes or stuffing, etc. 🤷🏿‍♂️
You're not alone. Cooking is all about trial and error.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
You're not alone. Cooking is all about trial and error.
I'm real good at making many different recipes of pizza, including any with stuffed mozarella and pepperoni that's yummy enough for me. :wink: