When you need to rant...

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Anybody here have a co-worker that does nothing but sit on his butt and looking on his phone, not paying attention to what he’s supposed to be doing and it angers you to no end! Well, I have one of those and I am sick of it! Believe me, I’m not the only one in that department. You see, I work in a dog daycare center and he doesn’t even pay that much attention to any of the other dogs in our care. We had a blind dog for an evaluation for daycare yesterday and not once did he pay attention to it! I was the one that at least played fetch with it and gave it attention. Lately, any new employees we have either don’t do their job or have a major attitude problem and are either let go or they leave on their own. When it’s just me and the other person, it feels like I’m doing all the work! Frankly, I wouldn’t mind working by myself at this point even though I know it’s not going to happen. I’m pretty much used to it by now. Thankfully, he’s getting replaced and I hope it’s very, very, very soon!
At this point, I don’t know how much more I can take with him! It’s at the point where I hate being around him! More than likely, I’ll be stuck with him tomorrow to close for the day! He still does nothing to help me or my other co-workers, doesn’t pay any attention to the dogs, and makes us do all the work! Needless to say, I’m counting down the minutes to when he’ll finally be terminated! Sometimes, when he does nothing, I think he’s making me look like I’m doing nothing which gets me into trouble! I try my best to ignore him, but it only gets me so far. I’m at the point where I’ve had enough!

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Do you have a supervisor you can report him to? If so, you’re perfectly within your right to complain about him.
One word of caution. If you have a boss or supervisor to report to, never never NEVER give an ultimatum. If you ever approach a boss and say, “Either he goes or I go!” Guess what. You’ll be out the door so fast your head will spin. Ultimatums are the same as saying “I’m quitting and not even giving you two week’s notice.”
I can understand you not liking the guy, but that’s for someone higher up to deal with.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
Well, I think the higher ups do know about it, right now I think they’re in the process of hiring someone to replace him. Other co-workers have complained about him. I never thought about quitting because of him, I need the money to pay off student loans. No matter how angry I was, I do keep in mind that I do have a job to keep.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Well, then that’s all you can do until he gets fired.
I know, I’ve had a couple coworkers who made my job miserable, and I tried my best to make sure my schedule didn’t overlap with theirs.
Sometimes, unfortunately, you’re stuck with them. Yes, it stinks.
But hang in there. His day will come, or maybe a better job will come your way and you can leave him. Either way, the situation you’re in won’t last forever.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Anybody here have a co-worker that does nothing but sit on his butt and looking on his phone, not paying attention to what he’s supposed to be doing and it angers you to no end! Well, I have one of those and I am sick of it! Believe me, I’m not the only one in that department. You see, I work in a dog daycare center and he doesn’t even pay that much attention to any of the other dogs in our care. We had a blind dog for an evaluation for daycare yesterday and not once did he pay attention to it! I was the one that at least played fetch with it and gave it attention. Lately, any new employees we have either don’t do their job or have a major attitude problem and are either let go or they leave on their own. When it’s just me and the other person, it feels like I’m doing all the work! Frankly, I wouldn’t mind working by myself at this point even though I know it’s not going to happen. I’m pretty much used to it by now. Thankfully, he’s getting replaced and I hope it’s very, very, very soon!
Maybe one of the things you oughta tell your coworker is, "This isn't high school!!!!".

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
To be honest this is one thing I’m sure we can all agree with.

Not gonna lie, every time I see someone complain about having to wear a mask, I really just want to punch them in the face, knowing they’re only contributing to this virus. I saw a video of a 77 year old woman have a temper tantrum in Costco over having to wear one and she sat on the floor like a child. A 77 year old woman. Let that sink in for a moment.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score

Not gonna lie, every time I see someone complain about having to wear a mask, I really just want to punch them in the face, knowing they’re only contributing to this virus. I saw a video of a 77 year old woman have a temper tantrum in Costco over having to wear one and she sat on the floor like a child. A 77 year old woman. Let that sink in for a moment.
wow, that woman oughta see a psychiatrist, lol.

D'Snowth

Reaction score

Was she a grubby and toothless redneck with an anchor tattoo on her arm? :stick_out_tongue: