What was the last album you bought?

Cool Bear

Reaction score
Within Temptation Mother Earth for myself.

Susan Boyle for my mother.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Last cheap of CDs I bought (I don't buy too many anymore, since I just get MP3s now. But still buy a lot of DVDs, just check out the Last DVD thread) was...

Princess and the Frog Soundtrack- Laugh at me if you want, but I enjoyed these songs. Especially "Friends on the Other Side" which Keith David as Dr. Facilier aka Shadow Man, it's my favorite.

Blues Traveler: Four- Because this is a great band. The songs "Run Around" and "Hook" are great songs. I especially love "Hook." Plus I found it used for only one dollar, that's the good news. The bad news...I played it in the CD player in my car and couldn't eject it. It's still stuck in there, :sympathy:.

Kiki

Reaction score
Last week I bought some Patti Smith, REM, Rush, Frank Zappa, all on vinyl. :smile: Oh! And a rather obscure one by 1960's Dutch designers The Fool (virtual cookies and beer if you know of them :stick_out_tongue:), which I've never come across before.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
Last week I bought some Patti Smith, REM, Rush, Frank Zappa, all on vinyl. :smile: Oh! And a rather obscure one by 1960's Dutch designers The Fool (virtual cookies and beer if you know of them :stick_out_tongue:), which I've never come across before.
Well I found a whole lotta The Birthday Party the other night in a 2nd hand store but I didn't have my wallet on me!
And yes I know who The Fool are; they painted Eric Clapton's guitar all pysch and funkadelic.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
The first one is an Elton John "Greatest Hits" CD from the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame. :sing:

The second one is The Lion King: Original Broadway Cast. We went see the show a few weeks ago in New York, and it was awesome! :smile:

Kiki

Reaction score
*Finally* bought Pink Floyd's More (it's a soundtrack they did) on vinyl. :big_grin: Plus, I found an original Foo Fighters EP. :excited:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Bowling for Soup's Drunk Enough to Dance (yay! punk rock 101 :big_grin:)

JJandJanice

Reaction score
I bought Toy Story Favorites CD. For three reasons really, 1) It was cheap at only 7 bucks, 2) got DMR points (plus points for that store I bought it from...Ok I'm a sucker for points for promise of free stuff, :smile:, as I also do the "My Coke Rewards" deal) and 3) I really like that song in TS3 "We Belong Together" neat song.

Not to mention I am a fan of Randy Newmen, overall.

Muppet Newsgirl

Reaction score
Last album I bought? It was "The Essential Nik Kershaw," by, well, Nik Kershaw. Nik's rapidly become one of my favorites - he's a brilliant singer and songwriter.

Yorick

Reaction score
A Captain Sensible LP - he's from The ******, by the way. I see that their name was censored - so I will shed some light on their name - it's another way of saying The Darned. They were the first UK punk band to put out a single and to tour the US, among other firsts...and they're my favorite punk band, though it must be stated that they do other styles, too. And since I have liked most of the solo songs I heard from him, and the price was right, it was an easy decision to buy it.