What sketches scared you as a kid?

Furbelle

Reaction score
I vaguely remember the dancing bear. I always thought he was cute personally but on the other hand I was TERRIFIED of the Grateful Dead bears so I can understand why he would freak you out :smile:
Funny...never thought either of those bears were creepy, though I still dont get why the Grateful Dead have what are clearly high as kites bears as its mascots.

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
Yeah, I uploaded that one. I always found that clip to be very strange and bizarre as a kid.
Me too. What's the point of it? I thought it was a YouTube Poop or dank meme-type thing at first because of the weird special effects.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On another note,

I've always wondered if that was Caroll Spinney doing the voice.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I don't know about anyone else, but this part kind of freaked me out a little when I first saw the "Sing Yourself Silly" VHS.

Groucho glasses always kind of bothered me when I was a kid.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Okay, so the quoted post below is really, really old, but...
6.The clip that shows an empty turned off amusment park horse merry go round with the up close of the horses head and dark background followed by the echoing sound of a kid saying something in french with spooky sounds of guitar strings and kids sceaming in the distance. This one of rarest sesame street clips I know of.
Man, that clip sounds very spooky and interesting, and I would definitely like to see that one. Has this clip surfaced yet?

datman24

Reaction score
I don’t know why, but this particular animated sketch about noses always scared me as a young child, not just because the way too-detailed animation at the beginning and end, but mainly around end of it, when the guy blows his nose. For some reason, the sound of that always frightened me whenever I watched it.

Last edited: